Question about the recent GBB rifle crackdown

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Question about the recent GBB rifle crackdown

Postby Nox » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:38 pm

I know BATF has decided that the WA/JG systems are now considered 'weapons' but I am now faced with a dilemma -
I want to get one of the AGM guns that tiger111hk has up in their ad. Badly.
Now, with the JG/WA's being put on the list of no no's - would it be a problem to import one of the AGM's now?
I mean, while it's a GBB rifle, it isnt one of the restricted manufacturers listed in the decision for classification.
Since many of you know import laws FAR better than I do - my basic question is: Would I be at serious risk of confiscation if I were to buy one and import it in?

Thanks.
Nox

Team: N/A

Postby TMiller » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Pretty sure its just the WEs

The dimensions are differant on the WAs, AGMs etc
TMiller
Soldier
Soldier

Postby k3gn3123512 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:53 pm

TMiller wrote:Pretty sure its just the WEs

The dimensions are differant on the WAs, AGMs etc

Erm WA and JG are banned.

IIRC the AGM is a clone of the WA so there might be a chance that they will confiscate it but I have yet to hear of any of that happening. I say you should be safe for now with an AGM.
k3gn3123512
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Deleteplz » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:23 pm

The last I heard the BATF/ATF considered the WA, JG, WE, and the AGM M4's to be "readily convertible". Although purchasing one might mean you could get it past customs/ATF, you'd still be at risk.
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Postby Beran » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:28 pm

if it were me, i wouldn't risk it. the AGM is an almost direct clone of the WA if memory serves, and i seriously doubt the customs inspectors will make the distinction. im sure they have memos all over the place now saying "KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THESE" and just because it comes in a different box and says something slightly different on the manifest, doesn't mean they are going to just ignore it.

the best way to get one of these now is to find one in the states, but i would also worry about the ATF trying to keep track of those online transactions as well. if it were me, it would have to be a private party person-to-person sale.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby KA-BAR » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:02 pm

yea, getting any of these realistic GBB's in is going to be a huge problem. unfortunately your best bet is to get one that is already in country and someone is willing to sell it.

ATF is not going to come to your house to confinscate your GBB, if they came to my house, they would find the GBB and ZERO parts for real steel. there is no reasonable suspision to evensuggest that i would do the RS conversion.

and i do not see ATF agents going to games saying....." wat gun you shooting today? a echo 1? awsome....and you...a WETTI? HOLY SHIT WE GOT ONE BOYS!"

there is no mass unit out to confinscate the ones that are already here and vetted in.

so like i said earlier, you need to find someone who is willing to part with thiers, because lets face it.... they are highly collectable now. and very desireable.

i have one for sale with 6 working mags. $500 bucks.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Return to Safety/Legality