Unarmed/blade safety kills

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Unarmed/blade safety kills

Postby Savage117 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:05 pm

I’m aware I may be posting a question that has been asked but I'm new and didn't want to necropost.

My question is, is there a way to safety kill someone quietly, like tapping them on the shoulder and saying "your dead" or something like that without having to fire your weapon or having the person you "kill" yelling hit? Therefore giving you the option of silently killing more people in the area without their comrades knowing?

Although I haven’t attended a game yet I personally would rather someone yell "Safety Kill" or tap me on the shoulder than shoot me point blank at 350 - 400 fps or shove a fake blade into my side. If someone were to cause me any pain that close up, my first reaction is to hit first and ask questions later, and I'm sure there are bigger and stronger people that will have the same reaction, and I don't want to be near them when it happens.

That is all,
Savage
Savage117
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Postby Nightshade » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Yes, knife kills are just fine. In fact it's exactly what you said - walk up, tap them and say "you're dead" or "safety kill". Odds are they'll accept it just because you scared the shit out of them.
"Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools."
Nightshade

Team: APST

Postby Aeacus » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Usually if you walk up to a group of them from behind you can start tapping them on the shoulder with your knife. They really can't complain because most of the time they can't see me until it's too late, or they are too busy to realize that I'm wearing a different camo pattern.
Aeacus
Ranger
Ranger

Postby MitchD » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Rules vary from game to game.
MitchD
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Snake_Eyes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:55 pm

during games i usually carry a foam sword with me...it is an object of great fear!! honestly, a safety kill is something to be proud of, if you can sneak up on someone that close without them hearing you...BRAVO!
AEACUS, i have yet to be knife killed by you...until then your ninja skills are in question!
My sword runs at 450 FPS, try to out run that! 35+ Sword/Knife Kills and counting.
Snake_Eyes
Specops
Specops

Postby MitchD » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Stop lying Snake, you use trickery, betrayal and deceit to get sword kills! I know fist hand!!
:P
MitchD
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Savage117 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Im gald to hear its more fun than dangerous, from some other posts I thought some players might go a little "post traumatic stress disorder" on me if I scared them a bit too much, but it sounds like that is rare, which is good, I realy dislike getting punched in the face or butt stocked.

And I like being sneaky. :badgrin:

Savage
Savage117
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:42 pm

"I am not allowed to have flashbacks to OPs I was not in."
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby Beran » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:53 pm

if someone manages get close enough to touch me and say "safety kill" without me knowing, that's good enough for me, and i would take the death. if someone tries to go all rambo and literally shank me with a rubber knife im probably going to respond by doing something like knocking them over and stepping on their neck. you don't need to pantomime stabbing someone to get the point across.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby Darius137 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:11 pm

I want a really long foam halberd and wrap it in ghillie so I can get a knife kill at 10 meters away.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Postby VogonFord » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:31 pm

Also, usually at games safety kills will be explained. If they aren't, just ask the game director.
VogonFord
Specops
Specops

Team: {FAG}

Postby Rogue Reaper » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:14 am

What I like to do is wear camo that is just enough like my team to pass but just enough like your teamro confuse you, then I walk all calm intonyour group and when younask if I'm on your team I act like I didn't hear you.. Then I knife stab and safety kill like 20 people and laugh my a$$ off cuz I'm so tactical.

/sarcasm
I Like My Motorcycles Loud And My Firearms Quiet. ~ Me
Rogue Reaper

Postby Catch22 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:57 am

AP wrote:RUBBER KNIFE KILLS
Players are allowed to "tap out" other players with rubber or plastic knives made for safe Airsoft use. Touch your opponent with your rubber knife and simply tell them that they're dead. Contact should be no more than a tap; there's absolutely no slashing, throwing, hitting or martial arts physical contact allowed. Contact must be made with a rubber or plastic replica of a knife, sticks and other objects do not work. DO NOT tap another player in the head, neck, face or groin. Players eliminated by this method should try and acknowledge their hit/death silently.

http://www.airsoftpacific.com/content.php?page=2
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby ~Thunder~ » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:22 am

Almost all the games ive made it to stress no contact. Ever.
Knife kill shmife kill, I dont want any of you pedo asses putting anything on me. "Bad touch, bad touch!"
Cap n pickles wrote:....if i do not see my name some where on this list, i will just show up naked, ready to get some.

f**k it, i'll just show up naked.
~Thunder~
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Snake_Eyes » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:39 am

ssSSHH Mitch youre giving away my secrets! In all seriousness though I think there was one time that I called over someone from the over team at Infidel Bash because we were on an alliance. After he gave me some cover fire I got the call that the alliance had ended, soooo I killed him before he got the same message! :D Were you referring to the one where I was a double agent, that was all Craig and man did it get crazy at times. I think towards the end it was just KOS for me. I came home with a ton of whelps lol

I guess Cold Steel Knives just add a little more immersion to the whole safety kill thing. Swords are something different and while fun, if done wrong just look mouth breatherish.

SOMEONE PLEASE DRESS LIKE STORM SHADOW!!!!

Kiss and hugs!

Although anyone who was at the Coffee Angels dusk game before the big op cant tell you what happened. :p

GO NINJA GO NINJA GO! :D
My sword runs at 450 FPS, try to out run that! 35+ Sword/Knife Kills and counting.
Snake_Eyes
Specops
Specops

Next

Return to Safety/Legality