Mandatory Face Protection for under 18? (NO!)

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby Steve » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Strikerz wrote:As much as i dislike people not calling their hits etc, if you are an honerable person under 18+ is is unfair

The world is supposed to be fair? Really?!? As a generalization, children detract from immersion. Kids on the modern battlefield generally do one of a few things:

1. Throw rocks
2. Beg for candy / water / pens
3. Reload magazines for their uncles / fathers / older brothers
4. Serve as propaganda pieces, either as chunky flesh bits or as recruiting posters
5. Get handed a stuffed toy bunny filled with explosives and told to go hug a soldier.

If your parent wants to tromp around out in the field with you, that's one thing. It means I can call them out if you act like a dumbass. No parent on the field with you? Stay home. I'm not your babysitter. I'm not your guardian. And I'm certainly not interested in putting up with any shit from you.

18+ to buy a replica, 18+ up to play without a guardian on the field. Period. Full-stop.

If you want to play sojur-man Solid Snake Ninja Sniper Delta jerk-off with your little buddies, host a game for kiddies. Maybe try an indoor place, there are some of them set up for birthday parties and whatnot already. They already have insurance and waivers and policies in place to deal with you; ratty jeans, hooded sweatshirts, boxmagged MP-5s and all.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Team: N/A

Postby KA-BAR » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:46 pm

wow, steve. can we make babies?

wait....that is counter productive to our cause.
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby Steve » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:52 pm

KA-BAR wrote:wow, steve. can we make babies?

wait....that is counter productive to our cause.

It is odd to find myself breaking tradition by agreeing with you. About just about anything, really. Guess the zombie apocalypse is another few steps closer to occurring, neh?
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby G36 FTW » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Steve wrote:
Strikerz wrote:As much as i dislike people not calling their hits etc, if you are an honerable person under 18+ is is unfair

The world is supposed to be fair? Really?!? As a generalization, children detract from immersion. Kids on the modern battlefield generally do one of a few things:

1. Throw rocks
4. Serve as propaganda pieces, either as chunky flesh bits or as recruiting posters
5. Get handed a stuffed toy bunny filled with explosives and told to go hug a soldier.

If your parent wants to tromp around out in the field with you, that's one thing. It means I can call them out if you act like a dumbass. No parent on the field with you? Stay home. I'm not your babysitter. I'm not your guardian. And I'm certainly not interested in putting up with any shit from you.

18+ to buy a replica, 18+ up to play without a guardian on the field. Period. Full-stop.

If you want to play sojur-man Solid Snake Ninja Sniper Delta jerk-off with your little buddies, host a game for kiddies. Maybe try an indoor place, there are some of them set up for birthday parties and whatnot already. They already have insurance and waivers and policies in place to deal with you; ratty jeans, hooded sweatshirts, boxmagged MP-5s and all.

Why do you hate teenagers? Did they hit you in the head with a rock?

There are plenty of responsible teenagers who are capable of playing airsoft maturely. At the last game I attended there were more “adultsâ€
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Postby Falcon7 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Last OP I went to, old geezer shot up a guy's (variable?) face at point blank range on full auto, and all the teenagers behaved themselves.
Interested in joining Bop? Want to get rid of a broken gun? PM me.
Falcon7
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby Chachi » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:51 pm

G36 FTW wrote:older folks

Falcon7 wrote:old geezer

You guys aren't scoring any points here. ;)
"The true object of all human life, is play" -GK Chesterton
"Happiness only real when shared" -Christopher Johnson McCandless
Chachi
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Falcon7 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Chachi wrote:

He was at least 50.
Interested in joining Bop? Want to get rid of a broken gun? PM me.
Falcon7
Soldier
Soldier

Team: BoP

Postby Cap n pickles » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:04 pm

"All our liberties are due to men who, when their conscience has compelled them, have broken the laws of the land."
William Kingdon Clifford
Cap n pickles

Postby sounguru » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Chachi wrote:

I don't know about that scored point with me... I have spent the last 40 years working towards Old Geezer, Older Folk, and Old Fart with a goal to achieve Dirty old Man by 50.... :lol: :lol:

I really tried to resist but I couldn't
sounguru
Soldier
Soldier

Postby tingsoon1 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:42 pm

Nasty wrote:Image

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?
WHERE IS THE CAN?
I talk too much.
tingsoon1
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Philip J. Fry » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Falcon7 wrote:
Chachi wrote:

He was at least 50.
These old people are just mad because we have teeth and theyre rollin with their dentures. If they break a tooth they just get a new set.(joke)
"your bullets, with your bayonets, with your bare hands" - Some Russian with a loud speaker
Philip J. Fry
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:52 am

sounguru wrote:with me... I have spent the last 40 years working towards Old Geezer, Older Folk, and Old Fart with a goal to achieve Dirty old Man by 50.... :lol: :lol:

Yeah, if you try and slide into the Dirty Old Man role too early, they label you as Creepy Middle-Aged Dude. That one is not nearly as fun. Don't ask me how I know. :roll:

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby sounguru » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:03 am

ogrejager wrote:
sounguru wrote:with me... I have spent the last 40 years working towards Old Geezer, Older Folk, and Old Fart with a goal to achieve Dirty old Man by 50.... :lol: :lol:

Yeah, if you try and slide into the Dirty Old Man role too early, they label you as Creepy Middle-Aged Dude. That one is not nearly as fun. Don't ask me how I know. :roll:

I almost made that mistake..... I went shopping for rocking chairs and almost bought one....
sounguru
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Strikerz » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Steve wrote:

1. Throw rocks

Well i certainly hope that comment wasn't directed only towards me. Your view on this matter seems pretty narrow. I dont wear t shirts with box mags on my SCAR, and im pretty sure a good amount of other people my age dont as well. Im not sure how you got this very, very narrow view of my generation but i can assure you that you are wrong. Try not to judge a whole group of people by the actions of a few.
Strikerz
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Safety/Legality