Safety killing

Airsoft safety discussion. Post here with questions about laws and safety concerns.

Postby Catch22 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:23 pm

You don't have to yell it. Just a loud clear voice. But don't forget, they can say hit, as loud as they want.
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby glockmeister » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Alright thanks for the info.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.â€
glockmeister
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:17 pm

KA-BAR wrote:ask ivan when i walked right up to him at a OP @ snipers den with him in the far rear fort. i was point blank, i put the muzzle to his head, and said in a loud voice as usual....SAETY KILL. he honored it. there is a pic to prove it also.

And this is where I think Nic is wrong. In this case KA-BAR could not have possibly shot me in my chest rig as it was completely behind cover. He could have shot me in the side of the head, and called a completely legitimate safety kill.
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby Nocte » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Sure, there's unreasonable exceptions. :)
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Jester316 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:32 pm

KA-BAR wrote:yesterday i was within 40 feet of a friendly( unknown at the time, we had very poor team split for the day). wiesnhimer was pinning him behind a tree which totally exposed him to me. i could have blasted the kid, but i called safety kill.

i got a argument instead, after a safety briefing no more then 45 min preivious.

i lost all hope of seeing any sportsmanship from the individual, and walked off the field.

glad your experience is that much more enriched jester. your a pro, i guess i just suck.

Yay for quoting from page 2...

Morgan, the majority of safety kills I've seen have been from people who don't know/don't understand/don't care how to properly use a safety kill. Notice I didn't say EVERY/ALL/TODO... I know you know what you are doing, and as such my comment was not directed at you... No need to get uppity at me...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Ivan Daylovich™ » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:08 pm

The majority of safety kills I see are done correctly.
I'd say less than 25% are done wrong.
Ivan Daylovich™

Team: {FAG}

Postby Snake_Eyes » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:12 pm

Usually I when I safety kill Im well within 10 feet. Further than that is stupid, unless you are firing a bolt platform shooting 500+.

Anyone who has been safety killed by myself knows it and Im sure can attest to it. Usually if there is a dispute, a controlled pair is what they are getting to finish the job.....or a foam sword to the dome just to make sure.
My sword runs at 450 FPS, try to out run that! 35+ Sword/Knife Kills and counting.
Snake_Eyes
Specops
Specops

Postby ZombieMan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:41 pm

I personally take most safety kills and when I am safety killed I am thankful as they had the drop on me. That is when I safety kill if I know that someone is going to be happy I didn't shoot them.
ZombieMan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby God » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm sorry, but this wasn't started as a, "what engagement distance should safety kills be used?" thread. It WAS a, is blindfiring(yelling safety kill after sticking your gun through a hole in a wall) through a wall considered an acceptable safety kill?
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby KA-BAR » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Jester316 wrote:
KA-BAR wrote:yesterday i was within 40 feet of a friendly( unknown at the time, we had very poor team split for the day). wiesnhimer was pinning him behind a tree which totally exposed him to me. i could have blasted the kid, but i called safety kill.

i got a argument instead, after a safety briefing no more then 45 min preivious.

i lost all hope of seeing any sportsmanship from the individual, and walked off the field.

glad your experience is that much more enriched jester. your a pro, i guess i just suck.

Yay for quoting from page 2...

Morgan, the majority of safety kills I've seen have been from people who don't know/don't understand/don't care how to properly use a safety kill. Notice I didn't say EVERY/ALL/TODO... I know you know what you are doing, and as such my comment was not directed at you... No need to get uppity at me...

quote tunnel engage.

i love you andrew. i am bitter not at you, but at myself for allowing myself and others attitudes both on the field and off the field to affect me.

i am bitter against all who are a safety violation waiting to happen, or have no honor and exude poor sportsmanship. its really starting to get to me.

i dont hardly ever have someone come up to me and say ..." hey man that was a amazing shot. awsome."

instead, lately i just get hacked because people are too elite to call hits, or like to gloat on the field and call other people out on thier hits.

i know i set a poor online example.....but who really cares about the forum squabbles anyway, what it boils down to is how i play the game....fair and safe. i wish others would return that favor, but you cant ask the majority of people to give you something they have not yet earned in life or do not posses or value at all.

that makes me bitter. so if i seem like a sack of broken glass lately, just wear work gloves when you touch me.

/que the village people music please...
I am not half as good as I want to be, but I am twice as good as you think I am.
KA-BAR

Postby 'Skyhawk' » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:21 pm

MalikMazadu wrote:I'm sorry, but this wasn't started as a, "what engagement distance should safety kills be used?" thread. It WAS a, is blindfiring(yelling safety kill after sticking your gun through a hole in a wall) through a wall considered an acceptable safety kill?

Why are you sorry? Your question spawned a discussion that obviously needs to be addressed. We need clarification on this. The rule clearly states

"Always honor safety kills when they are called on you just like honoring a "HIT". "

There are people posting that think they have an option to honor Safety kills, or not. That is not playing by the rules as much as not calling a BB hit is.

Yeah you honor it, and get admin involved while your respawning if theres a problem.

There is no problem with asking a safety related question. But don't be surprised when the discussion turns to more contraversial aspects of the topic you brought up. Especially when the original question can be quickly answered with a readthrough of the AP Rules.
"It's not a tough decision as you can see....I can blow you away or you can ride with me" - Beastie Boys (RIP MCA)
'Skyhawk'
Soldier
Soldier

Postby God » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:19 pm

Yes, but if the safety kill violates the "Any clean shots with no cover under 30 feet are good candidates for safety kills. Do not call it unless the kill is already a given."

Because if the safety kill is invalid... Should you have to honor it?

But don't get me wrong, I understand that yours, and most admins' view is, if someone yells "safety kill", you must accept it.

I just feel that to a point, if someone wants to try to cheap safety kill you, they shouldn't always expect to get away with it without getting shot-
God

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Payback » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:34 pm

I think the best thing here would have been to just take the safety kill and walk away. Even if you whole heartily disagreed with it. This was a friendly fire incident wasn't it? I think i would have been more likely to phony pony about that anyways.

Ka-bar, I've never met you, never talked to you, just seen what you've posted online. I've had a general neutral feeling about you. But, when i saw you leaning on the gate at the beginning of the game, then lay down in the field when we arrived to our spawn to start, it seemed you had a thorn about something already. Maybe just a bad mood, who knows, but i'm sure didn't help when getting argued against what you thought was a good kill.

I'm new to this game, but i've shot and SK'd people who didn't call it, then turned and shot me, i've called my hit, and at times said a few choice words while walking back to spawn. We all have to remember that it's a game, game's have flaws, if one or both of you had just let it go, it would have been nothing more than a moment in the past, and you could have both had a decent game like everyone else did.

The issue with SK's wont end in this thread, so best to hash it out on the field, learn, adapt, and play on.

Also, GROW THE shazaam UP!!! :)
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby Catch22 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Don't forget... When you have a problem at a game... Find out exactly who the problem player is and Go talk the the game admin or event organizer It's hard to fix a problem, or take care of someone not following the rules. If they don't know there was a problem, till after you post about it on AP.
Catch22

Postby 'Skyhawk' » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:12 pm

MalikMazadu wrote:Yes, but if the safety kill violates the "Any clean shots with no cover under 30 feet are good candidates for safety kills. Do not call it unless the kill is already a given."

Because if the safety kill is invalid... Should you have to honor it?

But don't get me wrong, I understand that yours, and most admins' view is, if someone yells "safety kill", you must accept it.

I just feel that to a point, if someone wants to try to cheap safety kill you, they shouldn't always expect to get away with it without getting shot-

I can understand you feeling that way, but the honor has to start somewhere. We really need to get Admin involved more in these cases rather than arguing, or shooting them in anger. Just don't go there, that is the admin's role to play. If these offenders get a good talking to, they will be less likely to offend again. And if they do, the people working admin will recognise a repeat offender and take action. maybe even kick them out for cheating.

Yeah "it's just a game" But it's more than that to many of us. It should be a community as well. We need to get together as a community and enforce the rules before these dishonorable actions ruin the game.

I have not been in the area long and already seen some absolutely awful examples of unfair play. We need to identify these offenders and take action. There has to be consequences if people insist on being inmature and dishonorable. Black list, whatever it takes.

There are some amazing fields here, as well as some great, tactically sound operators. This is worth saving!
"It's not a tough decision as you can see....I can blow you away or you can ride with me" - Beastie Boys (RIP MCA)
'Skyhawk'
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Safety/Legality