Tight Bore Barrel and BIO BBs

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Postby Patrick750 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Nocte wrote:Bio bbs are terrible for accuracy.

explain. my knowledge of bb's is pretty bad except .2 perfects are the standard.
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby LiquidSnak » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:02 am

Bio bb's are made out of materials that decompose, and these materials do not hold a shape as well as solidified, polished plastic. This makes them prone to being not spherical or other defects.

THAT SAID: I've not had an issue with bad things happening in tight-bores with bios.

EDITED for understandability :P
Last edited by LiquidSnak on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby Patrick750 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:01 am

well but if it's in a bag until it goes in your mag how could decompose. if you keep it in your garage or in a high humidity storage i can see what you mean
A dirty Pantac is a happy Pantac
Patrick750
Specops
Specops

Postby Nocte » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:11 am

It's not that they decompose, it's that the material isn't as smooth, and is more prone to imperfections in manufacture than high-polish polystyrene bbs.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Black Fox » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:30 am

I have been using Excel Bio BBs for 10 years and never had an issue and I use tight bore barrels too. I've also never really noticed any major performance differenced compared to the standard. However, they are slightly smaller compared to standard BBs. Most BB are around 5.97~99mm. Excel Bios are 5.95mm. Because of this, they shoot of average 10~15 fps slower than normal sized BBs.

Another reason Excels are able to maintain such high quality is because they are made with a special Bio plastic where most other type of Bio BBs are made with a corn starch resin. However, with some of the newer bio BBs on the market I haven't been able to determine what they are made of.

Anyway, the pro with using bio plastic is that the BB can be made to the same quality as the standard plastic BBs. They can also stand up to moisture and dirt for a good period of time with out any affect to its quality. They also have a long shelf life if not exposed to direct sun for a long period of time. Its drawback is that bio plastics take much longer to degrade. In the case of Excels it take 2.5 to 7 years depending on the environmental conditions.

The pro with corn starch resin is a more natural material and degrades much more quickly. The con is that they usually degrade too quickly. There were some brands that started to degrade when exposed to moisture. So playing in the rain or in high humidity often lead to problems. Others were fine for a couple of months. If you played frequently and keep your gun in a cool dry place when not in use, you were fine. But those who play only occasionally would frequently leave the BBs in their mag and forget about them. After several months or more, they would show up to a game and start playing only to be rewarded with a jammed gun because the BBs had already started to degrade inside their mags.

Personally for me, I would not use any Bio BB that claims they will degrade less than a year. They are just too unstable.

P.S. If you want some Excel Bio BBs I can sell you bran new bag for $7.50 per bag plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.
Trigger Happy M-240
Classic Army M249 Mk46 SF
SOPMOD M-4
Tokyo Marui AK-47 Crimson Fox
Tokyo Marui AK-47 Crimson Raven
KSC SIG SP 2340
MGC Beretta 93-R
Irac Inc. M-2 .50 cal
Armored USMC HMMWV
Black Fox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Keeper » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:22 am

Thanks for all the input guys. Some excellent advice on various brands. :D
http://www.nepa-airsoft.com
"Honor, Integrity & Respect"
Keeper
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Nec » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:04 pm

I've never had problems with using Airsplat, BioShot, G&G and Golden Ball Bio's in my 6.01mm and 6.03 tightbore.
There's a difference between a person who has a screwdriver and a person who knows what they are doing.
Nec
Specops
Specops

Previous

Return to AEG/Electrics