battery for the G&G UMP

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Postby Nec » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:58 pm

[quote="Abe"]I just have a few questions about the chargers.
1.I am not supposed to discharge them at all correct?
Yes, be sure to stop using them when you hear a lose a ROF. It is a sign that the battery is running low and needs to be recharged. If you do not heed this warning the Li-poly will become dead... as in dead forever.

2.Also do I connect the two more square looking connectors to charge the battery?
The "two more square looking connectors" are called balancing tabs and are used to keep to the cell's voltages the same. Depending on what charger you get they may or may not have balancing tabs. My friend’s charger for instance the Tenergy Li-Poly Smart Charger do not have balancing leads on the other hand my charger the Turnigy A-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger do have them. Now I'm not one to protest the balancing of Li-polys but I have noticed that my friend has NEVER balanced his Li-polys in the year or so that he's has them and he has never had one explodes or die. What I recommend to do is buy my charger because it balances and charges Li-polys along with any other battery you plug into it. Other words it’s an all in one Muti-Tasker. ;)
P.S For the Turnigy A-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger, don’t forget thePower Supply

3. Could I just use one of the charges ment for a lipo battery at one of the hobby stores? If not would this be a suitable charger?
[color=green] any charger that says “Li-poly chargerâ€
There's a difference between a person who has a screwdriver and a person who knows what they are doing.
Nec
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Postby Abe » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:42 pm

[quote="Nec"][quote="Abe"]I just have a few questions about the chargers.
1.I am not supposed to discharge them at all correct?
Yes, be sure to stop using them when you hear a lose a ROF. It is a sign that the battery is running low and needs to be recharged. If you do not heed this warning the Li-poly will become dead... as in dead forever.

2.Also do I connect the two more square looking connectors to charge the battery?
The "two more square looking connectors" are called balancing tabs and are used to keep to the cell's voltages the same. Depending on what charger you get they may or may not have balancing tabs. My friend’s charger for instance the Tenergy Li-Poly Smart Charger do not have balancing leads on the other hand my charger the Turnigy A-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger do have them. Now I'm not one to protest the balancing of Li-polys but I have noticed that my friend has NEVER balanced his Li-polys in the year or so that he's has them and he has never had one explodes or die. What I recommend to do is buy my charger because it balances and charges Li-polys along with any other battery you plug into it. Other words it’s an all in one Muti-Tasker. ;)
P.S For the Turnigy A-6 50W 5A Balancer/Charger, don’t forget thePower Supply

3. Could I just use one of the charges ment for a lipo battery at one of the hobby stores? If not would this be a suitable charger?
[color=green] any charger that says “Li-poly chargerâ€
Im down, but i'm not out.
Abe
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Previous

Return to AEG/Electrics