At wits' end with this new CA M15.

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

At wits' end with this new CA M15.

Postby Raging Hormann » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:43 am

All right,

so classic case of "Is it me, or is it everyone?" I'm disasembling this new version of CA M15A4, with the nice capture pins and everything, when I come down to the last part holding the gearbox in the lower receiver: the mag release. One problem though, it doesn't have any way to be removed.

There is no screw on this thing, and I can't figure out if I'm supposed to push it in as far as possible and do it inside the gearbox, or what.

I'm getting slightly frustrated with this, but I've never seen it before and I'm wondering if any of y'all have.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated!
FC-9, Out.

Edit: Before you ask, I have of course searched the web far and wide with no avail (either by misfortune or plain ol' ID10T error). Unfortunately, if there is a video guide on this I won't be able to watch it until I relocate, due to the blasted DIAL UP at home, but feel free to link.
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Team: N/A

Postby Aeacus » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:59 am

The magazine release on that certain model is a complete phony pony to get out. I don't know why they changed it, if it isn't broken don't fix it. Anyways, it's a matter of pushing in the button and rotating it while inside the gearbox. Use a wedge between the outer body to keep the magazine release engaged, and the rest is pure skill. I would suggest just taking a dremel to it and replacing it with a magazine release that can actually be removed. Saving yourself the trouble and a scratched up lower receiver.
Aeacus
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Raging Hormann » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:06 am

Post Declared Irrelevant.
Last edited by Raging Hormann on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

Raging Hormann

Postby Raging Hormann » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:08 am

Aeono: Yeah I was afraid it might have to be like that. I'm definitely gonna change that. Thanks for the tip.

Raging Hormann

Postby CommieHunter » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:45 am

The way it is on the 09 models is actually better, in my opinion. You have to remove the bolt catch to get the gearbox out anyway. Remove the bolt catch, push the button in, and unscrew the latch from the button. It prevents stripped little screws.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Raging Hormann » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:04 pm

I've reached the point where I have to remove that bolt catch, but I don't really have the proper tools to remove that little pin. Well, here goes with the hammer and chisel!

Got the mag catch out though, wasn't TOO terrible, I was just a little worried about scratching up the finish. With enough pressure on that button it worked out just fine though.

Raging Hormann

Return to AEG/Electrics