ARG, motor connector tab snapped.

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

ARG, motor connector tab snapped.

Postby Raging Hormann » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:34 am

All righty,
when disassembling and cleaning my HK416 after our last game in the mud and rain, i snapped the connector tab off of my motor.

Wow, I just reposted the thread title.

Anyways, this poses a problem: I can't use my gun unless I: A) solder my wires to the motor (DO NOT WANT) or B) find someone/someplace that will give/sell me one of the top metal pieces from one of the motors.

An RC Hobby shop crosses my mind, think they might have some? I could probably use a few extra just in case this happens again to me or anyone else.

Note: I like my motor, and I Do Not want to buy another one.... yet....
R.I.P. Spc. Taylor Marks; Until We Meet Again
I'm so inappropriate, even I need an adult some times.
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

SPECIAL FORCES J.A.D GROUP SINCE 2012
Raging Hormann

Team: N/A

Postby TOP » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 am

Wow...well personally I have never had the reason to take out my motor to clean my replica after playing....but...

There are a couple of hobby shops in Salem. One on Lancaster across from the Lancaster Mall. And I believe the other one is on Commericial (I haven't been to that one in years). Both are pretty small and I don't know if they would carry those items.

Tammies in Beverton is probably your best bet, as they are big and carry a lot of parts.

If you're going to go to war against a major enemy, go; knock the hell out of him fast, and go in there to kill him and get it over with.

Postby Aeacus » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:42 am

It's one thing if you snapped the connector on the wire, but seriously...off the motor? I would suggest buying a dead or cheap chinese motor off of someone and salvaging it for that specific part. I actually have a motor I can sell you.
Aeacus
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Raging Hormann » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:44 am

I wanted to be extensive, complete teardown. I'm glad I did because there was some grit that got in through the magwell.

Anyways, Thanks for the info, Top, I think there's also one on 25th Street past Mission, but then again, you probably didn't care much for that tidbit.

Thanks!
Eudorus wrote:...and simply show up and shoot everyone since all of these assholes are running around on our island.

Raging Hormann

Postby CommieHunter » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:43 am

Buy a cheap Chinese motor off of someone and steal the part from it.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Chachi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:46 am

Just an FYI......

The best RC shop in Salem is RC Plus. Here is their website, and they are located on 25th:

http://www.rcplus.com/

Great people that are very helpful. Not sure if they will have what you are after specifically, but they have a really nice parts selection.
"The true object of all human life, is play" -GK Chesterton
"Happiness only real when shared" -Christopher Johnson McCandless
Chachi
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Beran » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:48 am

like everyone has said, china motor frankenstein. the lower quality of the motor itself wont matter on just that connector part.

as for the in depth teardown and maintenance i don't know that its really necessary to that level. ive got AEGs that ive had for 5+ years that run fine with maybe two or three basic cleanings over that time.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby Blizzard » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:40 am

I have my own way to fix that, but here is a more conventional way to do it:

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Broke ... motor+tabs

I know it's talking about soldering, but click the link in the second post.
For every action (Bang) there is an equal and opposite reaction (HIT!)
Previously AsianMarksman
Blizzard
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raging Hormann » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:52 pm

I like the way you think, AsianMarksman.

I guess I should have probably mentioned that I was also doing some wear and tear review after using the gun for the first time.

How it originally happened was this: I rewired the gun for a full-stock, and when I was trying to test the wiring job, the wire connectors were extremely tight and in my efforts to wiggle them around onto the motor tab, one of them bent almost 90 degrees. Naturally, I was shocked(pun not intended) and I carefully bent it back up. So my problem really stemmed from there.

Thanks for the help guys!

Raging Hormann

Postby Nec » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:06 pm

If you got a soldering gun handy and still have the borken tab, you can solder it together. Thats what I did to one a while ago.
There's a difference between a person who has a screwdriver and a person who knows what they are doing.
Nec
Specops
Specops

Postby PanzerFaust » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:05 pm

What wattage soldering iron are you using? I need an excuse to replace my 30w with a 100watt iron.
PanzerFaust

Postby Nocte » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 pm

Unscrew the side of the motor that the tab broke off of, strip the wire on the plug, and squish the wire undreath the loosened plate. Screw it back down as tight as you can get it without stripping the threads. This will get you by indefinately, but you should replace the motor or solder it all on eventually.
ImageImage
Nocte

Team: APST

Postby Blizzard » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:12 am

Nocte wrote:Unscrew the side of the motor that the tab broke off of, strip the wire on the plug, and squish the wire undreath the loosened plate. Screw it back down as tight as you can get it without stripping the threads. This will get you by indefinately, but you should replace the motor or solder it all on eventually.

That's what I do too! I ran two guns like that for a good 10k rounds and they worked great!
For every action (Bang) there is an equal and opposite reaction (HIT!)
Previously AsianMarksman
Blizzard
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics