CYMA(VFC Clone) AK Mag Question

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

CYMA(VFC Clone) AK Mag Question

Postby Animalmother » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:49 am

I have a CYMA 045A, 048, and 048M. I think they are all the VFC clones AKs that CYMA produces, I could be wrong though.

I want some short AK mags for them. I want to know which the 250rnd mags will fit and feed flawlessly. Might be a bit of a steep question to ask.

I also want to know what mags you guys used that fed graet in your CYMA AK line(the VFC clones ones)

Priamrily, I a just trying to figure out which 250 short AK mag will fit and feed. My stock CYMA mags doesn't wind. It will wind then not hold it's position never giving the spring enough pressure to push the BB's into the hopup chamber.

Thank you for your time.
Animalmother
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby Sleepy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:53 am

I've know a few folks in the past who have had good experiences with MAG-brand midcaps.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby LiquidSnak » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:02 am

I think he's asking which Hi-cap is best to buy.

Which, IMO I believe that not too many people on this site will be able to answer this very specific question. How many brands actually make a short hi-cap, anyway?
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby Animalmother » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:08 am

Yeah, i knew the question was kinda broad.

Im looking for a mag like this:
I like the short style, most are 250rnd hicaps though. I wanted to know which one of those work best i CYMA VF AK clones.

I also wanted to know which mag in general, mid cap, hi cap, standard work best i the CYMA VFC clones: CM048M CM048 CM045A CM045.
Animalmother
Soldier
Soldier

Postby GacktC » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:09 am

Cyma makes them, King Arms (out of production)..
Hard to find the SVD style mags in these days :(

I have the 048S, the original hicap mag sinks half of the top part in during insert, probably because of the bad magazine catch or the magazine design.
I will try some King Arms midcap very soon; even they are plastic, but they are inexpensive ($25 for 5)..as long as they work!
GacktC

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Animalmother » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:51 am

What else mags have you tried in the CYMA AK that work great?

The SVD mags look promising. You're right though, a bit rare I wonder if the RS 90Rnd SVD mag will work in a CYMA VFC Clone.
Animalmother
Soldier
Soldier

Postby league 4 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Animalmother wrote:The SVD mags look promising. You're right though, a bit rare I wonder if the RS 90Rnd SVD mag will work in a CYMA VFC Clone.

No, it will definitely not fit. When I used a CYMA AKM pretty much any AK mag worked fine out if a random assortment of hicaps and midcaps.
league 4
Specops
Specops

Team: 9/G

Postby Sleepy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:59 pm

SVD mags, by and large, do not fit AKs. The real steel guns share only a passing resemblance, and the SVD uses a round thats 15mm longer. So, naturally, the magazine is a bit longer, and the mating surfaces are shaped differently, if I'm not mistaken.
The King Of al-Talk. Hey, at least I'm not a troll.

My dog wouldn't know what to do with a duck if she caught it, but she's cute. And hates Mexicans. +1!
Sleepy

Postby Animalmother » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Any AK mag will basically work on CYMA despite being a Marui or VFC clone they all use the same type mags?
Animalmother
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nox » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:32 pm

Pretty much, but for CYMA guns my best luck has been had with DBoys AK74 hicaps..
Nox

Postby DRK » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:19 am

the short style hicap you speak of was originally invented by TM with their beta spetsnaz fictional model. since then there was a clone version of the mag. IIRC evike may still have in stock it was a 3 pack of them. im kinda surprised the CHICOMS didnt take the bodies and make midcaps out of them, i feel that would sell.

i have owned, VFC,MAG,STAR,G&P,TM,TM clone,GWS and Element in in nearly both calibers. but for 7.62 series guns, nothing beats REAL SWORD mags. i ported over exclusively to their micaps now. i own 11 of them and not looking back. i keep the older mags for new team members when they are starting out. 5.45 i would say MAG. VFC's feel better, have the wait and have the better notch to keep the bb's down. but they just cant make it feed right. i have all 6 of mine jam a bit often as they elevate up. star real caps are their best products if they just werent plastic though, their 5.45 mags suck. G&P's 7.62's i think are better then vfc's but not beating real sword's but all G&P ak mags suffer from the weak mag spring issue. if compressed to long the springs die. happens in both calibers which is why i dumped nearly them all. they have the best looking PLUM 5.45's though since it has the accurate ribbing running down the mag.

precision airsoft has the cheapest real sword ak mag deal in the US and its free shipping after a certain dollar amount. their mags sound best being rocked into their own guns magwells then say a dboys body.
DRK
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Animalmother » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:33 am

DRK wrote:the short style hicap you speak of was originally invented by TM with their beta spetsnaz fictional model. since then there was a clone version of the mag. IIRC evike may still have in stock it was a 3 pack of them. im kinda surprised the CHICOMS didnt take the bodies and make midcaps out of them, i feel that would sell.

i have owned, VFC,MAG,STAR,G&P,TM,TM clone,GWS and Element in in nearly both calibers. but for 7.62 series guns, nothing beats REAL SWORD mags. i ported over exclusively to their micaps now. i own 11 of them and not looking back. i keep the older mags for new team members when they are starting out. 5.45 i would say MAG. VFC's feel better, have the wait and have the better notch to keep the bb's down. but they just cant make it feed right. i have all 6 of mine jam a bit often as they elevate up. star real caps are their best products if they just werent plastic though, their 5.45 mags suck. G&P's 7.62's i think are better then vfc's but not beating real sword's but all G&P ak mags suffer from the weak mag spring issue. if compressed to long the springs die. happens in both calibers which is why i dumped nearly them all. they have the best looking PLUM 5.45's though since it has the accurate ribbing running down the mag.

precision airsoft has the cheapest real sword ak mag deal in the US and its free shipping after a certain dollar amount. their mags sound best being rocked into their own guns magwells then say a dboys body.

Wow, thanks for the help. WHat guns did you use these mags on? Honestly I think this is the most important thing. I have CYMA VFC Clone AKs.
Animalmother
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DRK » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:11 am

Vfc guns, guarder, real sword,tm, inokatsu.
DRK
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics