TM AK47 front sight help.

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

TM AK47 front sight help.

Postby Icepick » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:47 pm

Not to start another thread, but I couldn't find anything on google and this is really bothering me... The front sight on my TM Ak47 is loose, and can't tighten, the set screw and all the threading is in perfect shape, but the hole on the front sight that the screw falls into is way too big. So when it is fully tightened, a slight bump causes the system to loosen and start wobbling around! Any ideas on what to do to stop the sight from wobbling? Or anything to help reduce wobble? (I would prefer something other than JB welding it, as I still want to be able to remove it. I have tried teflon tape and it doesn't really help.)

EDIT: Found a solution... Just take an old credit/library card and cut out a square that can act as a washer. Cut it so that it is the perfect size to squeeze in the square "area" where the set screw drops in. Cut a little notch with a knife, and then using the notch, screw the set screw in to place as if it were on the outer barrel. This will cause pressure to be on the washer which cannot move, as opposed to the standard hole where there is enough room for the sight to wobble.

I can post pics if needed.

TL;DR? Make a washer.
Icepick
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Return to AEG/Electrics