Baffled on SRC Hop-up! Help!

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Baffled on SRC Hop-up! Help!

Postby Spitfire » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 pm

So here's whats going on.

I took my gun apart today after a war and did a routine cleaning (basic barrel cleaning, swabbed the bucking, etc.) and decided to see what P.O.S hopup nub SRC loaded into the gun.

Upon completely taking apart the hopup, I slowly removed the metallic nub arm only to find that my gun has no nub inside the hopup. What confuses me is the fact that the BBs still gained hop, even though the gun lacked a nub. The lever arm IS curved like the shape of a BB, as shown below.

So, my questions are, do I need a nub? Or is SRC trying to pedal some sort of anti-nub technology? Will adding a nub make the gun more accurate and give it more range? Also, while we're on the subject, if I do need a nub, what advantages do H-Nubs really give you over flat nubs?
Spitfire
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Baffled on SRC Hop-up! Help!

Postby NFS_Shadow » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:54 am

Well from my understanding it seems like they are trying to achieve uniform contact across the entire surface of the bb. By not having a nub but instead having the hop-up arm curved to fit the bb it pushes the rubber into the barrel to fit the bb causing much better contact, resulting in a better more stable backspin. It seems very similar to the concept of the r-hop (which i just finished installing in a few of my guns)
Cloudy rains: "I am the master handjob-man."

"Well we're surrounded. They can't get away this time"
- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC
NFS_Shadow
Ranger
Ranger

Team: 56Th

Postby Spitfire » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:05 am

NFS_Shadow wrote:Well from my understanding it seems like they are trying to achieve uniform contact across the entire surface of the bb. By not having a nub but instead having the hop-up arm curved to fit the bb it pushes the rubber into the barrel to fit the bb causing much better contact, resulting in a better more stable backspin. It seems very similar to the concept of the r-hop (which i just finished installing in a few of my guns)

I've done a bit more research and it honestly looks like they just forgot to put a nub inside of my gun.

But, what confuses me now is the fact that the SRC nub-arm doesn't look like it's capable of holding a hop-up nub in place, it's not quite curved like any other G36 hopup is.
Spitfire
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Riddick » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:47 pm

There is a bunch of info online thru google search (I tried it) and came up with lots of results and pics. From some of the pics I've seen, you are missing the nub. Also many say the src hopup is the Achilles heel of the gun and suggests replacement.
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Return to AEG/Electrics