STAR midcaps have crappy feed?

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

STAR midcaps have crappy feed?

Postby Alien_Hunter » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:57 am

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/star-140rd-metal-mid-cap-magazine-for-m4-m16-aeg-parkerized.html

These mags do not feed. Maybe 1/10 will come out the barrel. The spring inside seems softer than other springs in my midcaps. Solutions?

I know this really unscientific but listen. When I stick a pen down these midcaps and let it fly, they go about 2/3 the distance vs my MAGPUL and the one came with my gun. The pen goes 8ft vs 5-6.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: STAR midcaps have crappy feed?

Postby The Grand Baboon » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Alien_Hunter wrote:http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/star-140rd-metal-mid-cap-magazine-for-m4-m16-aeg-parkerized.html

These mags do not feed. Maybe 1/10 will come out the barrel. The spring inside seems softer than other springs in my midcaps. Solutions?

I know this really unscientific but listen. When I stick a pen down these midcaps and let it fly, they go about 2/3 the distance vs my MAGPUL and the one came with my gun. The pen goes 8ft vs 5-6.

Even when I inserted brand new springs from KWA, my KWA 120 midcaps were jamming jut like you mentioned. I had been lubing them up thinking that that would help.

KWA told me to wash them with warm soapy water, rinse them, and then dry them bone dry.

They feed fine now. Your mags could need a good cleaning.

Edit: Don't wash the springs, lol. Rusty springs are bad.
"Oohrah, Gunny. Oohrah, Momma Dog."
The Grand Baboon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Alien_Hunter » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Well I took them apart by squeezing the indents on the side and after a frustrating few minutes I got a few BB's behind the spring. Hopefully this'll do it it's just very wet and crappy right now. Everyone seems to hate STAR midcaps but nothing else was a great fit. Might even make a tutorial.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Reeko » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:12 pm

i bought king arms m14 mags a long time ago and they were the same way, just put silicon oil in them, and store them loaded for a few days, unload, then load again and they should be good You have to break them in a bit.
YOU SIR!!!!...... DO NOT HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alien_Hunter » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Well they work in my WE m4 AEG (not-katana) but are very tight. Suggestions?
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby McNair » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Pretty much all of my mid caps weren't feeding. Basically when I'd pull the little switch deal to let the bbs spray out they'd basically just poor out with no spring.
I eventually used some chain lubrication(I had no silicone oil or whatever)laying around. rammed some bbs down it with the lubrication on it.. lbah blah. That was like 3 months ago. Last weekend they finally fed fantastically. it blew my mind.
so, 3 months. hah.
McNair

Postby Alien_Hunter » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:38 am

They feed now, it just takes both hands to pull them out :( I love Pmags. Should probably sell my family's TV for more airsoft schwag.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics