APS HYBRiD Gearbox?

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

APS HYBRiD Gearbox?

Postby Spitfire » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:42 pm

APS has recently released the Guardian M4 not too long ago, and I personally adore the look of the gun.
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=41216

However, the APS I remember always had terrible gearboxes, and were not exactly a brand to trust. Apparently their new HYBRiD gearbox solved all the old APS issues, and many rave about how well it is constructed and performs.

I've been wanting to sell my SRC Gen2 and replace it with something a bit more reliable that also has a blowback function. Is the new HYBRiD APS gearbox almost too good to be true?

And, if it matters, I'd be using an M100 spring at max.

Spitfire
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: APS HYBRiD Gearbox?

Postby code789 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:33 am

after APS got rid of their shitty M4's to javelin they have improved a lot with the new guns they come out with, they've cleaned up the sloppy mag wells and from this video you can see they've polished up on their tech work too.

if you really need a piece of sheet metal going back and forth when you fire a gun then go for it, another good option is to get a G&G that has blow back. and to be honest keeping your G36 as a back up gun while saving up for a 2nd gun is probably a better way to go.
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Re: APS HYBRiD Gearbox?

Postby Spitfire » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:11 am

code789 wrote:after APS got rid of their shitty M4's to javelin they have improved a lot with the new guns they come out with, they've cleaned up the sloppy mag wells and from this video you can see they've polished up on their tech work too.

if you really need a piece of sheet metal going back and forth when you fire a gun then go for it, another good option is to get a G&G that has blow back. and to be honest keeping your G36 as a back up gun while saving up for a 2nd gun is probably a better way to go.

Sweet! Thanks mate! I've just wanted to experience blow back, I'll disable it if deem it a dumb or useless function in the future. I like a touch of realism.

I know the next gun I'm getting!
Spitfire
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics