Trigger pull.

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Trigger pull.

Postby SneakyD » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:56 pm

I have been looking around for quite some time now and I cant seem to find anything on this subject. Does anybody know any tips or tricks on how to to shorten the length of the trigger pull on an aeg?
SneakyD
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Trigger pull.

Postby Reeko » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:09 pm

you can buy a tunable trigger for an m4/m16, or version 3 gb
YOU SIR!!!!...... DO NOT HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Beran » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:30 pm

I don't think I have ever heard of an adjustable trigger for an AEG. You aren't working with a sear like a traditional rifle, all you are doing is closing a circuit.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby Reaver » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:56 am

SPEED makes tunable triggers. Stocked over at evike and I believe you may be able to buy directly from them as well.
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Beran » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:36 pm

I stand corrected. I still don't see why you would need an adjustable trigger on an AEG, but I guess some people think they do.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Postby Reaver » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Shorten the trigger pull or to bring the trigger a tad closer then. And personally I love the look of speed triggers:)
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Tankwitch » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:30 pm

I looked at the SPEED trigger, it's meant to provide consistency for micro switch mosfets. The easiest way to modify the trigger pull of an aeg is not in installing a "match" trigger but to increase response time from contact to release of the piston. A high voltage of the battery and a mosfet is the most straight forward ways of accomplishing this.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Beran » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:36 pm

That's what I was thinking. The pull of the trigger is largely irrelevant, all it's doing is closing a switch. The lock time will be much more affected by a high voltage battery, mosfet, and the proper internals. The one exception that I can think of is the old TM PSG1 since it operated with the piston pre-cocked at rest, if memory serves.
Beran

Postby Alien_Hunter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Polar Star gearboxes have a faster trigger response than any gearbox you can name.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Beran » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 pm

Because polarstar makes an HPA powered box. Comparing a gas operated design to a mechanical one is apples to oranges. They both have their pros and cons.
Beran

Postby Jester316 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:44 pm

My 416 with 11.1v LiPo has a nearly instantaneous response. Not PolarStar fast, but pretty damn quick.

An AEG trigger is a switch. Either ON or OFF. If you wanted to make it faster so that there is less "slack" to take up, you could possibly shim the interface of the trigger to the trigger contact slider. You would thus push the contacts closer together so there was less distance they had to move before you turned it ON, however you increase the risk of an electrical short with higher voltages...

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby SneakyD » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:45 pm

I dont mean the reaction time of the trigger was i am trying to adjust is the actual distance that you have to pull the trigger before the connection is made. i have seen triggers that are adjustable but i was just wondering if there was anything else i could do.
SneakyD
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Tankwitch » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:56 pm

That would be inadvisable. The distance of the trigger is set so that the electrical connections inside the gearbox don't arc or short out. Those connections are about as simple as you can get for an electrical switch. Literally two plates and a bridge. Simple, reliable, but a tad crude.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby code789 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:12 pm

the M60 trigger uses a micro switch i guess you could bend it to do what you want if you have an M60
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
long live the republic
code789
Ranger
Ranger

Postby spazzticsmurff » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:27 pm

once again i enter a thread with hope just to have it dashed. i am amazed at the amont of posts in this thread that say that there is no point or that it shouldnt be done. what is all this pesimissim about?

this thread on airsoftforum.com is what you are looking for: http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/AEG-H ... 98550.html

this is a time cosuming mod and you will need to know how to work on a gb.
the speed trigger can also be helpfull in doing this mod. but i hate how there is almost no shaft to support the trigger.

i do mine a lil differently, i use the btc chimera mosfet whitch has a micro switch. my trigger has less than a 1/16" to fire. i can get over 8rnds a sec in semi auto. here is a vid of my gun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XxKCZXtZT4

Tankwitch wrote:That would be inadvisable. The distance of the trigger is set so that the electrical connections inside the gearbox don't arc or short out. Those connections are about as simple as you can get for an electrical switch. Literally two plates and a bridge. Simple, reliable, but a tad crude.

this is about as dumb as telling someone that they shouldnt play airsoft in the rain cause it will ruin thier gun.
there is not enough power running in an airsoft gun to jump arc on a propperly tuned hair trigger.
speed triggers were not desgned for micro switches. they were designed to take up the gap between the trigger/trolly in stock configurations. if they designed them for microswitches they would have greatly limited thier sales potential.

Alien_Hunter wrote:Polar Star gearboxes have a faster trigger response than any gearbox you can name.

the dumbest post in this thread, it had literaly nothing to do with the topic. btw p*'s also benifit from trigger mods. its like you just wanted to hop in and say something even though it was not going to help.

beran: trigger travel matters if you want it to. most times i can get 2-3rnds off before my oppnent even has time to react.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to AEG/Electrics