New and Curious

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Re: New and Curious

Postby G36 FTW » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:52 pm

Gilligan wrote:If you're leaning towards the full metal option, look at the AGM full metal m4a1. I can't speak for the manufacturer as a whole, and I know that a lot of cheep Chinese full metal bodies are questionable at best, but I have one that works like a champ, the metal body is surprisingly sturdy and the gearbox has some sturdy construction, metal bushings and spring guide and such. One version has a two piece metal RIS that works great. Just thought I'd throw that in :)

I'll second this. My AGM M4 has been my loaner rifle for years. Its been battered and abused and keeps on working. The only problem it has every had was semi-auto wearing out. I've loved it a lot more than did my G&G sportline MP5 (combat machine) and my friend's G&G combat machine. And it has a beefy high torque motor with thick wiring unlike G&G's combat machine motors which all, frankly, suck. Same goes for G&G's wiring.

As for the cheap metal body everybody hates on, I like it. Beats the living hell out of plastic. It just feels right.
Sneaking around with a derringer since 2010
THE ARMORY
G36 FTW
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Re: New and Curious

Postby wurger » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:11 pm

If you're new to airsoft, don't shop at Airsplat. While Airsplat has some good items hidden away, they have an amazing amount of crap that pops up while you're browsing. Research what you need/want, then if they have it on Airsplat, good to go. Don't browse there.
My grandfather circa 1976: "It's time to declare open season on politicians!"
wurger
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Previous

Return to AEG/Electrics