It has been awhile, I need help

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

It has been awhile, I need help

Postby Danger Corp. » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:35 am

It been quite awhile since I last owned an airsoft gun (think roughly 2 or almost 3 years now) and have been itching to get back into with friends again. My last main AEG was a KWA M4A1, and I loved that thing to death; but this go around I'm looking to avoid the M4 series for a bit and try out a G36 or P90 styled AEG. With that being said and having been out of the airsoft world for awhile, what brands still hold strong as far as internals go and such? Or is it pretty much an even playing field? Was looking at Classic Army's P90 (not the sportline) and KWA's G36 and was wondering if anyone can vouch for either gun. Never owned or seen CA's quality in person so I can't help but be suspicious if they are decent or not. But I do remember KWA's internals being rather good, does this still hold true nowadays?

Thanks for any help and answers :D Sorry to ask such a generic and noobish question; but like I said, its been awhile!
The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
Danger Corp.
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: It has been awhile, I need help

Postby Mongoose Actual » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:27 am

KWA is still perfect. Classic Army's P90 is pretty good, but if you run a Lipo then get tons of mags.
Mongoose Actual
Recruit
Recruit

Team: USMC USAF USNC

Postby Chowdberg » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:01 pm

The only caution I must issue is in regards to the P90 mags. This is from my own experience and that of a friend, so do pardon if it seems slightly negative, but I've heard words of advice from a techie and a previous owner of a P90 model.
If you go with the easier to acquire high capacity magazines, non-TM mags, you'll experience a less than pleasant time dealing with jams and feeding issues. My buddy runs the F&N Licensed P90 by King Arms, so the AEG itself seems to be functional and well working, but it's the mags that are proving to be troublesome.
The good mags to own for a P90, I've heard, are the Tokyo Marui mids (do they make high caps? Not entirely sure as I post this). While they do occasionally experience the issue of the P90 mag design, they're much more reliable, and possibly a tad more expensive.

For the KWA G36? Haven't owned it, sadly, nor am I familiar with someone who has owned one.
However. If you suddenly find the urge to go AK, I can be of more assistance.
I'd tell you to be careful. It's not the Tank you need to fear.
It's Slumberman

Chowdberg
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RR KBAB

Postby Mongoose Actual » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Is CYMA a good AK brand? Because I'm building a OpFor loadout.
Mongoose Actual
Recruit
Recruit

Team: USMC USAF USNC

Postby Deleteplz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Mongoose Actual wrote:Is CYMA a good AK brand? Because I'm building a OpFor loadout.

CYMA or Dboys are good if you know how to work on AEGs or have a buddy that does. Easy to make shoot better than a "out of the box" name brand AEG.
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Postby Reaver » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Try out a g36. Been quite pleased with my src36. Most of the internals are factory reinforced parts which is really nice and cuts down needing to put upgraded parts in, the hop up unit us all metal, and a nice high torque motor too (its a b**** to try and spin the pinion gear by hand). Down fall is battery compartment size which is easily corrected by changing the stock out ( cheap, $60).
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Catch22 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:11 am

Magpul PDR?
Catch22

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Chowdberg » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Mongoose Actual wrote:Is CYMA a good AK brand? Because I'm building a OpFor loadout.

My good sir, CYMA is the way to go. I've heard more happy stories with CYMA AKs than with D-Boys from my own companions, but that is of course from my own experiences.
For an OpFOR loadout, go for it. Buy a CYMA AKM, wood finish and everything, for roughly $150 off from your local Airsoft supplier, etc etc.

There's also a wide variety of AK models provided by CYMA. And, in general, their quality is long lasting and sufficient.

Catch22 wrote:Magpul PDR?

I wish. I want to get my hands on one of these suckers. Once I get squared away with finishing up my Russian equipment, and finish up my FSK stuff, it's next on the list.
It's Slumberman

Chowdberg
Grunt
Grunt

Postby OcelotM16A4 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:09 pm

What Russian camo do you run? I was thinking of getting Floral for a USSR loadout.
GO AVS GO!
OcelotM16A4
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Deleteplz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:58 pm

OcelotM16A4 wrote:What Russian camo do you run? I was thinking of getting Floral for a USSR loadout.

FYI - Flora is really more of a Post - Soviet union camo.

Take a look at camopedia or Kamouflage.net for some different camo ideas.
Deleteplz

Postby Chowdberg » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:22 am

OcelotM16A4 wrote:What Russian camo do you run? I was thinking of getting Floral for a USSR loadout.

As a proud member of the Rushing Russian chapter of 'KBAB' here in Oregon, I manage a Russian VDV, Воздушно-десантные войска, kit. We utilize Berezka patterns, though of late, we've been making a push towards the use of the Sumrak style camouflage.

http://i.imgur.com/DGG3IOW.jpg

Group picture of the recent 'Russian Trouble at the Farm' game. I'm on the far right with the RPK, wearing the Sumrak pattern. Right now we're still in Berezka mode, and we do have a few fellows in Flora and whatnot. We're just putting the idea out there to be 'semi-uniformed' which is theoretically possible in a Russian unit.

Now. It really depends upon your kit, buddy, and what impression you'd like to do. If you're interested, it'd be awesome to have you onboard in KBAB, but if you'd care to find out more, ask around for Rushing Russians.
Flora is a perfectly fine camouflage pattern. Even though the Russian Army has made a push towards issuing DigiFlora as a primary pattern, Flora is often used due to a lack of supply availability.

Like I said. There really isn't a shortage of specific Russian kits to do. The most popular seem to be FSB, Spetsnaz, and VDV here on the West Coast.

Renagade wrote:
FYI - Flora is really more of a Post - Soviet union camo.

Take a look at camopedia or Kamouflage.net for some different camo ideas.

Good referencing. Both websites are immensely useful. It's from there I discovered that the Soviet Union discovered the concept of 'blocked' camouflage patterns before it was even cool.
Look at this crazy stuff.
Then again. A few of the really good modern Russian patterns are taken from original German patterns of Flektarn and a few SS patterns. Go figure.
It's Slumberman

Chowdberg
Grunt
Grunt

Postby OcelotM16A4 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Thanks for the advice. I was looking at Sumrak BDU's and a new CM035 or a CM036. I previously bought the Lancer Tactical AKS74U, and wow was it horrible.
GO AVS GO!
OcelotM16A4
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Deleteplz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Be careful with some of the CYMA's. I saw a new one shooting 460 FPS out of the box a few months back. :doubt:
Deleteplz

Return to AEG/Electrics