Gun?

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Gun?

Postby veleno » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:12 pm

So i am starting a project on making a Halo air soft gun.
However my delema is tat I cant spell yes and I do not know if i want to run the SMG or Battle rifle. please help a brother out?
veleno
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Gun?

Postby Switchback » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:52 pm

http://www.1-language.com/englishcourse/

For the BR, modify a FAMAS, or the new APS UAR.
For an SMG, you'd probably need to get a TM UZI if you wanted the side-loading feature, or just get an MP7 or MP9 and start making body kits out of polymer.

Decide what you want to do. Buy internals that you think would fit a model, and make it out of PVC sheets. The 405th has some good stuff on how to build replica Halo weaponry, and you'll find a lot of helpful stuff in their forums.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby veleno » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:41 pm

i was thinking MP7, MP9 or taking a Matrix MEU and doing i that way. thoughts?
veleno
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Junto » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:46 pm

This whole idea is bad. Do you have the ability to mold plastic? If the answer is no, you'll end up like the kid who built a battle rifle with a body made of 2x4s.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby veleno » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 am

i liek the idea of a 2x4. seems legit.
veleno
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Switchback » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:49 am

veleno wrote:i was thinking MP7, MP9 or taking a Matrix MEU and doing i that way. thoughts?

Like I said, either of those would be good for the SMG, but then you're not actually making the actual M7... It loads from the SIDE, and that would take a little bit of work. An AEG build could be your best bet. Spend time on Google and see what advice the dozens of other threads on other forums has to offer.

Here's a guy who built an AEG Kriss Vector. Not an M7 Caseless, but same idea of building a body around another gun. For that side feeding look of the M7 you could get one of those old WWII SMG's that feed from the side. Pretty sure there's a replica floating around. Look for a Sten gun.
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/in ... ic=49814.0

Look up Vaccum forming. Here, I did it for you.
http://www.instructables.com/id/My-vacuum-former/
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Reaver » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:58 am

Take pieces of 3 or 4" abs, put a slit down one side and boil in water for 10 minutes or so, this will make the material soft and workable at which point flatten it out on the counter. When it cools you will have a flat chunk of plastic to work with. Fyi, not responsible for burns, property damage due to negligence, or general stupidity :)
When in doubt, empty the mag.
Reaver
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby binicb2r » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:35 am

You may be able to use a styrene to get your shape then cover in a coat of epoxy to make it hard. Im pretty sure it will crack if you fall on it. Styrene is used in the RC scale crawler work to make "hard" bodies. With a little practive and some body filler great things can be made but it is somewhat easy to damage and very easy to damage without some sort of a resin or epoxy to strengthen it.
binicb2r
Soldier
Soldier

Team: OITAC

Return to AEG/Electrics