Upgrading battery on CA SCAR L (plus introduction)

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Upgrading battery on CA SCAR L (plus introduction)

Postby Golani » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:30 am

Hey AP, I haven't played airsoft in quite some time, and i'm looking to get back into the game. I've been lurking quite a long time, and I thought i'd make a post for once. If you're wondering what "Golani" means/is, it's a brigade within the IDF 8).

Anyways, i'm looking to upgrade my CA scar to carry a bigger battery. I'm aware of the stock piece you can buy to accommodate a bigger battery, but it's my understanding that with this you lose the ability to adjust the stock. I was thinking strapping on a battery pouch on the right side of the stock, and drilling a small hole in the side for the wires to run through. I know this would somewhat impair the folding stock function, but I really only use it for transport anyhow. I'd rather have a longer lasting battery.

Any other suggestions? I'd like to keep it inexpensive if possible (ie, not having to pay someone to do the work for me).
Golani
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Upgrading battery on CA SCAR L (plus introduction)

Postby Miker1st » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:56 am

You could get a PEQ module that has space for a battery and go with that. Or could you just get a battery with a higher mAh value?
Miker1st
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jester316 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:46 am

If you aren't already, use LiPo. The will last longer and give a better trigger response in a smaller package. Look for a 7.4 2200mah battery, and it will last days.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Golani » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:43 pm

Jester316 wrote:If you aren't already, use LiPo. The will last longer and give a better trigger response in a smaller package. Look for a 7.4 2200mah battery, and it will last days.

Don't you need internal upgrades for lipo batteries? My SCAR is stock internally.
Golani
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Reeko » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:51 pm

i use an 11.1v lipo on my VFC SCAR just fine, i can even adjust my stock with it in there. You just have to route the wires and stuff neatly. Its got a trick to it. Anyways, i use a turnigy 11.1v butterfly or crane stock style battery. You can get them on hobbyking for like 12 bucks.
YOU SIR!!!!...... DO NOT HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jester316 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:08 pm

Golani wrote:
Jester316 wrote:If you aren't already, use LiPo. The will last longer and give a better trigger response in a smaller package. Look for a 7.4 2200mah battery, and it will last days.

Don't you need internal upgrades for lipo batteries? My SCAR is stock internally.

No. Unless you use an 11.1v and hold the trigger down like the gun is a SAW... And even then, I'll last a little while.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Return to AEG/Electrics