AEG Electrical issue

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

AEG Electrical issue

Postby zacarm » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:34 pm

I have a G&G M4 with matrix 3000 motor and upgraded piston/cylinder assembly and 125 spring. During the course of installing upgrades into it some wires got chewed up and I didn't notice it. After draining a 9.6v 2300 mah battery in 3 mags I thought something was odd. I pulled the same style battery off the charger fully charged and it blew the fuse. I went back and found the wiring and put liquid plastic (Plasti-dip) over the exposed areas. The gun now rock and rolls (420 fps with 25g :-) but when I went to chrono at the field a fresh charged battery drained in the time it took to go from the car to the chrono station. I changed the batteries and it seems to be working ok. Would blowing a fuse FUBAR a battery (they are all the same so it's hard to tell them apart)? I am going back over the wiring again next week to double check exposed wiring but I just found it odd that a battery would drain in 60 seconds without use. Any ideas or suggestions would be nice, I'm new to messing with the wiring on AEG's.
zacarm
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: AEG Electrical issue

Postby Payback » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Fuse shouldn't effect the battery life at all. I would guess that the battery is toast (not holding a charge).

Re-charge that battery again, try it. Test the other battery, if the gun works with the second battery, then your first one is bad.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Re: AEG Electrical issue

Postby zacarm » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:41 am

Payback wrote:Fuse shouldn't effect the battery life at all. I would guess that the battery is toast (not holding a charge).

Re-charge that battery again, try it. Test the other battery, if the gun works with the second battery, then your first one is bad.

Thanks. early next week I'm going to mark my 3 batteries with different color electric tape and see whats what as to bettery life. I was just wondering if exposed wireing causing a short circut would kill a battery or not. It's an all metal frame and internals.
zacarm
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Return to AEG/Electrics