SOCOM Gear Full Metal M4

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

SOCOM Gear Full Metal M4

Postby Forty5ive » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:08 pm

So I have been looking at some AEGs online to replace my current Classic Army and this is one of the AEGs that I really like the most. My question is does barrel length effect performance in Airsoft guns like it does in real steel firearms? The barrel on this AEG is 9 1/2", do you think this AEG would be accurate enough to play outdoors with? There are some models with longer barrels, for example they make this AEG with a 12" barrel. So I have options, but I would really apreciate some feedback from someone more experienced than me (so pretty much anyone with any airsoft experience haha). Thanks!
Last edited by Forty5ive on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forty5ive
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: SOCOM Gear Full Metal M4

Postby Matt » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:40 pm

In my experience, longer inner barrels increase accuracy. Every M16 length platform I've had was pretty solid on accuracy and range.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Mindspeed » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:19 pm

I wouldn't let barrel length determine your AEG.....to a point anyway....9in vs 12in for example isn't that big of a deal.
You can always get the 9in and a suppressor. Then buy an inner barrel that extends into the suppressor.
Like Matt said, longer inner barrel usually equates to slightly better range and accuracy.
Mindspeed
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Forty5ive » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Thanks for the replies

So, I searched the forums here and didn't find anything about this, but what is the general consensus when it comes to SOCOM gear? Are they a reputable manufacturer? Would you trust their products? The innerds on this AEG are made by VFC (at least im pretty dang sure they are) and I have heard good things about them, but I haven't heard any good or bad feedback on SOCOM gear so I would appreciate some feedback from the AP community.

Thanks!
Forty5ive
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Trench » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:03 pm

In my experience, Socom Gear is a pretty straight forward company. They use several other manufacturers products to make there brand. My MK110 came with a Madbull 6.01 inner barrel, PWS RIS, and G&G body and gear box. I have heard they also sport VFC gearboxes in some models.
I have upwards of 30k BB's thru mine and haven't had a single problem.(Yet) This is not my primary anymore but it is my back up.
Hope this helps.
Trench
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Nark » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:58 pm

I love my SOCOM gear 14.5" N4. Externals are amazing, totally branded by Noveske. It's a beast and comes Li-po/Li-Ion ready. Throw in a tightbore and blue madbull nub and it's sitting real nice. If you're at Night 3 and haven't gotten one yet I'll let you handle mine for a sec. Haven't had any issues with mine at all. Would definitely recommend getting it however if you get a Noveske model they're not quite accurate for MILSIM loadouts but to me a M4 is an M4 regardless.
Nark wrote:This is gonna sound dickish but whatever I'll be that guy...
Nark
Ranger
Ranger

Postby Goliath17 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Barrel length does effect accuracy and range, but it doesn't make a HUGE difference. But barrels aren't the only thing that effects accuracy and range, you could get the 9.5" barrel and put a nice suppressor and extend the inner barrel, or you could upgrade your hop up, like putting in an R-Hop. You have many options.
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Goliath17
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Forty5ive » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:18 pm

Trench wrote:In my experience, Socom Gear is a pretty straight forward company. They use several other manufacturers products to make there brand. My MK110 came with a Madbull 6.01 inner barrel, PWS RIS, and G&G body and gear box. I have heard they also sport VFC gearboxes in some models.
I have upwards of 30k BB's thru mine and haven't had a single problem.(Yet) This is not my primary anymore but it is my back up.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, good to hear!
Forty5ive
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Forty5ive » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Nark wrote:I love my SOCOM gear 14.5" N4. Externals are amazing, totally branded by Noveske. It's a beast and comes Li-po/Li-Ion ready. Throw in a tightbore and blue madbull nub and it's sitting real nice. If you're at Night 3 and haven't gotten one yet I'll let you handle mine for a sec. Haven't had any issues with mine at all. Would definitely recommend getting it however if you get a Noveske model they're not quite accurate for MILSIM loadouts but to me a M4 is an M4 regardless.

The model I am looking at comes with a Noveske flash hider and is braded by Daniel Defense. I wont be at Night 3 but I really appreciate the offer! In fact I wont be at any events within the next couple months or more because Im moving and things are really tight right now. The bills have had me down lately, seems like it goes out faster than it comes in haha
Forty5ive
Grunt
Grunt

Return to AEG/Electrics