Can Someone Identify this PMAG?

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Can Someone Identify this PMAG?

Postby midnight_commander » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Looking for some PMAGs for a project, and I need ones that are not molded, but are shells with the magazine inserted.

I have one in my possessions, but I don't know who makes it or where I got it. I will upload pictures for you to see what I'm talking about.

This is what the magazine looks like. Ignore my lens cover.

Notice the fake bullets in the window. Also this magazine is a lowcap ~approx 80 rounds

It also has real trades and shit too. See the PMAG logo here.

It also has the law enforcement trade.

And the manufactures trade.

Now this is the important part. Notice how this magazine is a shell with the actual magazine being an insert. You can see the seam between the actual magazine and the shell here.

This is the bottom. Not sure if this is a real, PTS, or ACM ranger plate, but it fits. It has a patent number, so I might be real?

This is the bottom without the ranger plate. Again notice the seam.
midnight_commander
Specops
Specops

Team: N/A

Re: Can Someone Identify this PMAG?

Postby midnight_commander » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Renagade wrote:My guess is the mag is either Magpul PTS, MAG brand or an ACM mag.

Way to list off virtually every possibility, lol.

From what I found they might be some variant of these:
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-1 ... earth.html

There is no window, but the inside mechanisms are pretty close. Though not only are they out of stock, but they cost more than real PMAGs. Might as well just get real ones and modify them...

This thread has gotten so hilarious.
midnight_commander
Specops
Specops

Postby Nodachi » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:09 pm

I know some people have modified real shells for internals, especially TM recoil shock magazines.

I think that it's the ACM PMAG, for the record, as I have what appears to be the exact same magazine, right down to the misspelling of 'Militery' and the dummy rounds. The ACM mags also only have the single batch number mark on them below the magazine catch slot, where most PTS PMAGs have two or three batch markings.
Nodachi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby midnight_commander » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Nodachi wrote:I know some people have modified real shells for internals, especially TM recoil shock magazines.

I think that it's the ACM PMAG, for the record, as I have what appears to be the exact same magazine, right down to the misspelling of 'Militery' and the dummy rounds. The ACM mags also only have the single batch number mark on them below the magazine catch slot, where most PTS PMAGs have two or three batch markings.

Thanks for the tip. I am trying to get the shells so I can modify them to fit WE M4 magazines.

Do you have any idea where you picked yours up?
midnight_commander
Specops
Specops

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:28 am

OP: It looks like it's either a Magpul PTS Beta Project PMAG, which would be officially licensed, or a Chinaman knockoff. I just checked the Beta Project ones, and they have actual Magpul PTS markings, so the one you have is Chinese. You can either search out more of those, or go with the Beta Project ones since they're more easily available in the US.

AONW has the FDE ones, but not black.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby midnight_commander » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:55 pm

CommieHunter wrote:OP: It looks like it's either a Magpul PTS Beta Project PMAG, which would be officially licensed, or a Chinaman knockoff. I just checked the Beta Project ones, and they have actual Magpul PTS markings, so the one you have is Chinese. You can either search out more of those, or go with the Beta Project ones since they're more easily available in the US.

AONW has the FDE ones, but not black.

I don't know that the beta project ones would work. Generally the beta project ones are two shells that have the BB tracks molded into them. I need ones with external shells. Fit WE M4 magazine internals into them. They actually fit very well.
midnight_commander
Specops
Specops

Return to AEG/Electrics