BB's hook left on AK rifle?

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

BB's hook left on AK rifle?

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:44 pm

I have a marui clone of an AK47. Bone stock and brand new. The bb's hook left. Not severely but they do. Any possible solutions before I take the hop-up chamber out? I won't install an R-hop until the hook is fixed. On a different note my friend's new CYMA AK74 has a left hook too. Is it something to do with the ak's hop chamber?
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: BB's hook left on AK rifle?

Postby Deleteplz » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Check the hop up bucking. I'd be willing to bet that it's installed incorrectly. Also check that the bb isn't hitting the flash hider.
Airsoft Pacific's 2006 Most Improved Player
Deleteplz

Postby Switchback » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Renagade wrote:Check the hop up bucking. I'd be willing to bet that it's installed incorrectly. Also check that the bb isn't hitting the flash hider.

While you're in there, make sure the nub is flawless and correctly installed. The barrel could also be twisted where it hits the hop up unit. Very common if the barrel is loose in its unit!
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:11 am

The barrel is loose to a small degree. I'll make a shim later. Also going to check the bucking later. What do you guys think the maximum range could be? Shooting 300 with a .28, an r-hop and a precision (but not necessarily tight bore) barrel?
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Switchback » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:06 pm

Alien_Hunter wrote:The barrel is loose to a small degree. I'll make a shim later. Also going to check the bucking later. What do you guys think the maximum range could be? Shooting 300 with a .28, an r-hop and a precision (but not necessarily tight bore) barrel?

Hard to say, really. If you're shooting at 300 with a .28, you've got some punch, so that R-Hop and barrel should be getting you an easy 200. Especially a TM.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Switchback wrote:
Alien_Hunter wrote:The barrel is loose to a small degree. I'll make a shim later. Also going to check the bucking later. What do you guys think the maximum range could be? Shooting 300 with a .28, an r-hop and a precision (but not necessarily tight bore) barrel?

Hard to say, really. If you're shooting at 300 with a .28, you've got some punch, so that R-Hop and barrel should be getting you an easy 200. Especially a TM.

300 with a .28 is a (big) guess. I think it's shooting 350 with a .2 so... .28 @ 300 is a little high. I'm debating whether to put a high speed motor in it and buy an auto winding magazine and then build a DBOY ak74 marksman rifle. I really wanted a gun I could put my 2x42 scope on, but this gun's accuracy is just ok ignoring the hook.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics