Accuracy/Range Mods - Forums ideas Wanted

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Accuracy/Range Mods - Forums ideas Wanted

Postby Slimer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:02 am

OK, after man hours, days looking on different airsoft forums & guides I am coming to this forum in hopes of getting some help. I am wanting to upgrade my AEG for improves Accuracy & range. I currently Own a VFC Socom M4.

Upgrades to the gun as of now:
Guarder Standard Torque Gears
Shs High Torque Motor
Lonex Air Nozzle
Lonex Piston
Lipo 7.4 Battery 30c discharge
*These were installed when I recieved the gun. Was told by ower gun was tested at 360 FPS @ 26rps.

What I have planned for the gun is;
Using .28's or .30 BB's
Orga 6.13 363 TBB barrel
Prommy Soft Bucking(Flat Mod)
Prowin Hop Up
O- ring Spacer Mod for Hop Up
Shim Hop Up Arm
Stableize Barrel Wobble
Upgrade to PDI 150% or 170% Spring

Now reading online most people say 100% compression is key. Now I know getting 100% is almost inpossible, but I would like to get as close as posisble. So I was thinking of having the following mods done to achieve this. I would like to see what you guys think.

Add Guarder Piston,Piston Head, Cyclinder Head set (Replace O-Rings with Vinton O rings)
Use Silcon Sealany on Cyclinder Head
Super Glue Air Nozzle to Tappet Plate -
Sand 1/2mm on front of tappet plate -

Would this work to imprive accuracy and Compression? I am shooting for FPS around 360-400. Range(max) 250-300+ft), Effective Range 200+ and grouping to be able to hit at said ranges. Any ideas would be greatly Appreciated.

To stop certain ideas/comments, I will not ever consider using a P*, RPS is not that big for to me. Between 19-25 is more than enough. I tend to pick my shot and use single fire 95% of the time(former Military), I will use 7.4v Lipo batteries.
And I am not wanting to turn this into a DMR. Just would like to make this the best possible AEG I can.

Thanks for the help.
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Accuracy/Range Mods - Forums ideas Wanted

Postby Jester316 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Ditch the 6.13mm barrel and go with a 6.03 inner diameter or less if you can find it. A large bore barrel is better for large air volume guns like a polar star where you can adjust it to infinity. For an AEG, you have a set volume to work with. Maximize the amount of air that pushes on the bb, not that goes around it in a loose whore of a barrel.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Slimer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks for the advice. But there are alot of post online stating a Tighter bore is not always better. and for range and 6.05 or higher is better. Thats why I was going with the 6.13.
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:07 pm

Suppressor and a longer barrel?

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby Jester316 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Slimer wrote:Thanks for the advice. But there are alot of post online stating a Tighter bore is not always better. and for range and 6.05 or higher is better. Thats why I was going with the 6.13.

I'm going off personal experience. For me, a 6.01mm barrel is more accurate and has more range than a 6.08 when used in an AEG.

The idea behind the bigger bore is that the extra air in the barrel stabilizes the bb in the middle of the barrel and not allowing it to touch the side of the barrel. While this is good idea, it also takes a lot more air to keep the bb stabilized AND accelerate up to the needed velocity. You will be using a heavier spring in combination with a bore up kit to get the needed airflow. All of those parts place extra wear and tear on your internals.

Using a smaller diameter barrel yields accuracy in that it decreases the amount of "bounce" that the bb can have as it accelerates down the barrel. The backspin of the hop-up lets the bb ride across the top of the barrel as it heads down it. The amount of air that is used that directly affects the bb's flight is greater. This allows your gearbox to be more efficient with less wear and tear. You can use an M110 spring to achieve the necessary velocity, versus an m150 spring just to get enough air in the barrel to push the bb.

I had a CA SCAR that had an M90 spring in it. It chronoed at 275fps with a .2g bb. I would easily range 200 feet with man size accuracy using a .25g bb. The added benefit was that there was less stress on the GB, as well as less noise from the whole thing. It was quite past 30', but could still range out and get someone.

That's just my experience. And I know in the Pacific North West, the bigger following for AEG's is to use tight bore barrels as opposed to large bore.

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Postby Slimer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Thank You, That helped alot. I think I will go with a 6.03 TBB.
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Switchback » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Slimer wrote:Thank You, That helped alot. I think I will go with a 6.03 TBB.

Make sure it is fairly heavy duty; the less vibration, the better.
For hop up, look into R-Hop if you want crazy distances, but I recommend some form of Madbull bucking with teflon tape and TLC.
"I have the cutest dog."
Switchback

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:05 pm

Switchback wrote:
Slimer wrote:Thank You, That helped alot. I think I will go with a 6.03 TBB.

Make sure it is fairly heavy duty; the less vibration, the better.
For hop up, look into R-Hop if you want crazy distances, but I recommend some form of Madbull bucking with teflon tape and TLC.

R hop is a PITA, but I'm going to give it 1 more. With an R hop installed, you could get a crap gun right outta the box shooting at least 150'. Somebody on red-alliance has a VFC ak74u shooting 250' at 300 fps.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Reeko » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:11 pm

and if you want something even better, as well as more of a PITA, get an ERhop with EM-nub. (althouggh you may have to ditch the prowin (if i remember right they dont work great for the extended window mod
YOU SIR!!!!...... DO NOT HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks for the help, but ERHop, R Hop is out of the question. I can not do the install and find a tech near my area who can is close to impossible or EXTREMELY expensive. Which is why I opted for the Flat Hop. But I will go with the 6.03 Prommy TBB.

Now for the other mods listed would they also increase range or accuracy?

Also would .28's or .30's be better to use with the above mentioned upgrades. I will be using a M110 or M115 spring. going for a FPS range between 360-400.
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Return to AEG/Electrics