what ak is best

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Re: what ak is best

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:20 pm

As far as Dboys I have the AK-74SU steel and wood. I like the build and sturdiness of the body and stock. The wood however needs a new finish or to be completely replaced. I would also recommend a better flash hider than the metal/plastic tipped one they sell it with.

I bought mine on airsplat for $120 or about $130 shipped.

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ERM-BI-74U-RK01.htm
Bigfoot

Team: N/A

Postby Alien_Hunter » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Like-new SRC AK47 from Airsoftmegastore.com for $120. It's an alright gun.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DRK » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Cyma tends to have better QC on internals. but their replicas are not completely steel. the receiver is as the largest component. the stock latch on side folders and sling ports can/could break off. i have seen it and thankfully have not had it happen yet myself.

Dboys offers a non full steel and a full steel model. but even their full steel models don't compare vs an LCT/VFC/RS.
both brands can have weaknesses based on the model. such as, a AK-47 or AKM/AK74M which has stock tangs. the flat metal with the screw holes have been seen to snap off, thus rendering your gun screwed till you replace that. which isn't fun.

full stock AK's get more battery options vs a folder stock model. cyma/dboys tends to clone VFC and recently LCT AMD-65.

I would NOT advocate getting the cyma RPK. i bought one to test it out and it has too many flaws to promote. the rear sight was done incorrectly so you will lose your rear site just by running. its not held in whateversoever. the sight spring does it's job, just poorly. i think the rear sight block is actually too wide as its barely holding on. the bipod legs break easily, much like my CA RPK's over the years. then as well, the upper handguard was very loose.

i own dozens of AK's. dozens. various makes and models. i bought several beater AK's i loan out to new members of my team. i only targeted cyma/dboys guns i found on classifieds across the country where it was $100 (sometimes shipped or with extras for slightly more), you can find that too. just carefully look up if the model you seek exists in a full steel model. dboys, which commonly makes full steel models. has a '74 variant which is not full steel and can be misleading.

Rsov.com is a great HK site to see more photo's.
DRK
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Forty5ive » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Wisenheimer wrote:What gun should I get?

DeathStarLaserAP.jpg
DeathStarLaserAP.jpg (29.26 KiB) Viewed 581 times
Forty5ive
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to AEG/Electrics