VFC Socom M4

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

VFC Socom M4

Postby Slimer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:44 am

I recently bought a Used VFC Socom DD "Larry Vickers" M4, I was told it was upgraded. When I got it, I found that is what not upgraded. So I am now trying to get the Specs for the gearbox to have it upgraded. I know its a V2, but using Google I have not been able to find anything on the internals. What I am looking for is reviews on the Gearbox, internals so I can find out what I should replace. I will list what I plan on having done and maybe this community can help me.
It currently is shooting 310fps.

I plan on using a 7.4-11.2 Lipo(High Discharge rate)
Prowin Hop Up Installed
Prommy Bucking(Soft)
R Hopped
M-Nub
Prommy 6.03 TBB(409mm)
Siegetek 10.44:1 full gearset, S.S. one tooth
Lonex Piston Head, Lonex Cylinder Head
Plan on installing a PDI 150 or 170% spring.
Would like to have cheetah Mosfet install(set to Safety/3Rnd burst/FA
Might have tech to mods from "The Holy Grail for a DMR" to get 100% airseal as well.

Now I need to know what type of cylinder to get, it new bushings/Bearing to install(dont know size) Any help would be helpful on other things I should do or not do. Thanks.
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: VFC Socom M4

Postby spazzticsmurff » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:04 pm

a good high torque motor is going to be needed to run those gears.
lonex a2,a3
jg blue
the cheetah mosfet is a good choice but also check out btcairsoft.com as they have some realy great fets that will meet your needs and not cost much more. the chimera MKII is based off the lion platform and was designed with the help of extreme-fire.com
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:36 am

I wanted to see what is a better motor. The jg blue or lonex a3 orange high torque. Thegun will be using the rhop, prommy barrel, airseal mods, with a pdi 150% spring on sietek 10.44 gearset(short sttoked 1 tooth) lipo 7.4 with a mosfet. Semi shot mainly.. what motor would be best?
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Reeko » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Slimer wrote:I wanted to see what is a better motor. The jg blue or lonex a3 orange high torque. Thegun will be using the rhop, prommy barrel, airseal mods, with a pdi 150% spring on sietek 10.44 gearset(short sttoked 1 tooth) lipo 7.4 with a mosfet. Semi shot mainly.. what motor would be best?

if you are going to put that much into the gun,why not do it justice by using an 11.1v lipo. Better trigger response. And for mainly semi fire only, looks for some ways to decrease trigger pull. Like a tunable trigger.
YOU SIR!!!!...... DO NOT HAVE ANY PANCAKE MIX!
Reeko
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:45 pm

I have 2 11.1 lipos now, But thought the 7.2 would be better. So I will use what I already have. But I have been told the tunable triggers are a waste of money and do not work all that well.
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Slimer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:10 am

So I am getting my AEG upgraded, pretty heavily. I have taken alot of advice from this community. I wanted to list what was being done and see what you guys think it will do as far as performance, range, Accuracy.(mainly just bored at work & thought I would post, lol)

Upgrades:
ER Hop
M Nub
Promethues Bucking(Soft)
Barrel Stabelizer Kit
PDI 150% Spring
Lonex Ball Bearing Spring Guide
Kanzen 8mm Bearings
Lonex Air Nozzle
Lonex Piston
Lonex Piston Head
Lones Full Cyclinder(non Ported)
Lonex Cylinder Head
Lonex Metal Hop Up Unit
Mosfet Installed
Angel Custom 455mm 6.01 TBB
Lonex A2 HT Motor(Orange)
Matrix G27 Motor Grip
.28 BBs (from BBastard)
AOE Corrected
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby spazzticsmurff » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Slimer wrote:So I am getting my AEG upgraded, pretty heavily. I have taken alot of advice from this community. I wanted to list what was being done and see what you guys think it will do as far as performance, range, Accuracy.(mainly just bored at work & thought I would post, lol)

Upgrades:
ER Hop *i would start with a standard r-hop, that way you dont have to cut the barrel and you will get plenty of range.
M Nub
Promethues Bucking(Soft) *anything over 350fps i would go with the prommy hard, but a lonex hard will do you just as good for cheaper.
Barrel Stabelizer Kit
PDI 150% Spring
Lonex Ball Bearing Spring Guide
Kanzen 8mm Bearings *the only bearing you should even concider are the modify ceramics, but my vote is for solid bushings and if you got the money for them go for the tx bushings. mine still look polished after over a year of use (and i am talking about the running surfaces not the outside)
Lonex Air Nozzle
Lonex Piston
Lonex Piston Head
Lones Full Cyclinder(non Ported)
Lonex Cylinder Head
Lonex Metal Hop Up Unit
Mosfet Installed
prometheus 455mm 6.03 TBB *personal prefference, i have a couple of angel barrels and my prommys look better.
Lonex A2 HT Motor(Orange) *16 or 17tpa. jg blue is 22tpa higher tpa means more efficiency. speed is slower but great trigger responce and you still maintain resonable rof
Matrix G27 Motor Grip *sometimes these types of grips have thick material where the grip bolts to the gb can make motor to pinion engaugement a pita to get right.
.28 BBs (from BBastard) *save your money and buy quality bb's from a us distributor. thier bb's arent realy that much better than any others out there that have decent qc.
AOE Corrected

what is your goal for this build? made a couple of small changes to your list.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:55 pm

I am going for a range/accuracy build.

The R Hop I made a mistake. I bought the IR Hop.

Bought a lonex 70degree bucking

Kanzen 8mm Bearings(Already bought)
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/kanzen-8mm-a ... assic.html

Went with the Angel Barrel due to price.

Lonex Motor already bought. Have seen it in action and its a nice motor

as far as the BBs go, I have been told by many players that BBbastard have some of the best BB's in the market. I have not used them, but seen them in action.
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby spazzticsmurff » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:15 pm

Slimer wrote:I am going for a range/accuracy build.

The R Hop I made a mistake. I bought the IR Hop.

Bought a lonex 70degree bucking

Kanzen 8mm Bearings(Already bought)
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/kanzen-8mm-a ... assic.html

Went with the Angel Barrel due to price.

Lonex Motor already bought. Have seen it in action and its a nice motor

as far as the BBs go, I have been told by many players that BBbastard have some of the best BB's in the market. I have not used them, but seen them in action.

buying the ir-hop is not a mistake. since you will probly be playing in winter the ir-hop will suit you better anyways.
the lonex motor will do just fine. i was just listing the differences between them.
i stand by using bushings instead of bearings.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimer » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:11 am

Why are bushings a better choice over bearings for a AEG?
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby spazzticsmurff » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:11 pm

in the 10+ years that i have been building guns i have seen many sets of bearing fail. i have also seen many bushings fail, but with proper maintinence and lubrication i have seen and have personaly experienced bushings that last for many years.
the bearings i have seen have always failed at some point no matter the maintinence performed on them.
i have bushings in 2 of my guns that are over 10years old and they are both doing just fine on they original steel bushings that i installed in them. more recently i have installed tx bushings in one of my primary m4's and they have yet to even show wear on the polished finish after more than a year of moderate use. the balls that are used for airsoft bearings are to small to handle the stresses that some gb's put on their drive train, with the exception of the hybrid ceramic bearings, but those ones usualy end up destroying the races instead.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slimer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:44 am

can you link me a page to the T bushings? I might just go ahead and buy them
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Slimer » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:48 am

Can anyone tell me where I can find these TX bushings? Searched google and found nothing.
Slimer
Grunt
Grunt

Postby spazzticsmurff » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:40 pm

sorry it took me so long to get this to you.
http://www.terminusxusa.com/product/ter ... -bushings/
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics