Real Sword Type 56

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Real Sword Type 56

Postby Forty5ive » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:38 pm

I have pondered buying an AK 47 replica recently and found through some brief google searching that the Real Sword Type 56 seems to be the best AK 47 replica on the market. Does anyone in the AP community have hands on experience with this replica? Is it worth the price tag?
Forty5ive
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Real Sword Type 56

Postby Twigg » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:02 am

I'd say RS guns should cost more because you can't find them in store anymore, (or at least last I saw) and they are amazing guns, I mean top 10 outa 10 body and 10 outa 10 internal parts. iv put over $1,200 into a CA M249 and my RS AK still outpeforms it. I had to spend about 60_80$ to have the AK downgraded to 400fps. Outathe box it was shooting abot 450fps at about 20 Bps with an 11.1v lipo (thisgun can handle an 11.1v lipo with ease) the body is full steel so it feels amazing, but ways as much as my M249. It needs light oiling and to be kept in a dry gun bag to avoid rust. It only can use RS branded mags as the cheap plastic ones will either break due to the strong steel body or because they don't fit. The rust and mags are the 2 largest drawbacks. It also is not a easy gun to take apart. If you enjoy working on guns this isn't for you, there is almost nothing you can do to make it any better and even if you wanted to take it apart good luck not taking off a finger. The steel body Is built like a tank, doesn't like the move without alot of effort. Ran my RS over with a chevy Taho by mistake and the gun only had some scratches on it. Thankfuly there was no mag init and I have the 56-1 model with the steel folding stock. So I had no worrie of a broken stock.

All in all I have owned Echo 1, Classic Army, KWA, GandG, RealSword ect. . . Nothing and I mean NOTHING has ben as good as this RS AK outa the box. Most guns cost money to buy then upgrade. RS is a brand that truly needs no upgrades. Buy the gun and you will understand internally this gun is FU*&ING MONSTER
Twigg
Grunt
Grunt

Team: RNDM

Postby ScaredShooter » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:34 am

I own two Real Sword AEGs (SVD & Type 97), and I've used several of their Type 56 rifles. They are without a doubt the best airsoft AK clone that I know of, and their price may seem high, but they make guns that cost $50 less look silly by comparison. They're deathly accurate, insanely realistic on the outside, and impressively overbuilt on the inside.

As stated above, they can be a bit picky with other brands of mags. If you do purchase one, I strongly encourage you to be careful doing any disassembly work (or have a competent tech do it) so you don't let the magical mystical fairies out.
And like Twigg implied, truly the only wise reason to take one apart is to put a weaker spring in it (wooo, shootin' a bit hot outta the box).

Since they're not being made any more, good luck finding a new one in stock. Let me know if you do.

Not sure if you've seen this accuracy test video
Doesn't communist sound more dangerous than fascist?
ScaredShooter
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby Jewish Ninja » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:14 pm

If you can find a Real Sword, get it. You'll never want another AK rifle after owning one. I have two that I love. One is the full stock which has been swung into trees and rocks. Dragged on the ground and thrown. Caught on fire from a shitty lipo and still shoots like the day I got it.

I never had much issue with other brands of mags working, but full metal mags are a much better choice.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Forty5ive » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone!

When I started this thread I did not realize these AEGs were so dang hard to find. I have looked on the web for the last day or so and cant find one. So I began looking for the next best thing and found VFC makes an AKM that looks pretty nice, so I was excited about that... until I found out that model has been discontinued recently. Why are these awesome AK replicas being discontinued???

Anyways, last night while surfing the interwebz I stumbled upon the CYMA CM048 and its blow back brother the CM046. I would prefer no blowback due to fewer moving parts so I have been considering the CM048. I have heard bad things about this manufacturer in the past, however I have also heard they made a turn around recently and are now becoming a reputable manufacturer (or at least their AK replicas are gaining popularity). What is your opinion?
Forty5ive
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ScaredShooter » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure what the next best thing is, since I always had my eyes on an RS Type 56. But the last year or so, I've been fascinated by the upcoming KWA AK-74M (gas rifle). If you've fired an LM4 and like AKs, you'll probably want an AK GBBR.

Word is they're actually supposed to hit the streets soon - although KWA has repeatedly missed their ETA on that thing for quite some time now.

I know you said you're hesitant about blowback, but just something to consider.
Obviously an entirely different style of rifle, but a cool AK nonetheless?
Doesn't communist sound more dangerous than fascist?
ScaredShooter
Ranger
Ranger

Team: {FAG}

Postby Forty5ive » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:22 pm

The only reason I am hesitant to purchase a blow back is because of the extra moving parts open new opportunity for breakage. I have not had bad experience with blow back; and in fact I really love the bolt/slide cycling, it adds some neat realism!

Edit: So I just found this and it looks like the closest thing I could get to a Real Sword Type 56. I also like the OD furniture!
Forty5ive
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jewish Ninja » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:19 am

I've heard nothing but good stuff about LCT. They're probably your best bet if you can't source a used Real Sword.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Forty5ive » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Alright, thanks for the input Jewish Ninja! These sure do look like the way to go, if I can afford it that is. 400$ is a month of utilities haha.
Forty5ive
Grunt
Grunt

Return to AEG/Electrics