are SVD's skirmishable?

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

are SVD's skirmishable?

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Are SVD aeg's good for skirmishing? Out of the box, will a king arms 'ultra grade SVD' out shoot something like a stock m4 or g36?
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: are SVD's skirmishable?

Postby Aforbit » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Hello Alien,

When you say out shoot do you mean in distance or BB's per min ?

I have skirmished with a guy down here who runs a Kings arms SVD. We worked well together he would draw them in with the SVD and then I light them up with the 249...ahh good times. I have seen it shoot a good distance with .28 BBs he was hitting targets at 175+ yards fairly reliably (3 out 5 hit).

I have seen mixed reviews on the CYMA SVD but overall it looks to be a good AEG other than the cheaply made bolt.

It also depends on were your skirmishing in the woods and fields it will do well, however Urban and CQB with an SVD is just not gonna happen soo the M4's and G36's will have you there.
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Alien_Hunter » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:52 pm

I play woodland, so yeah outdoors. I mean range as well. I may go with an AK74 with a tb and a good hop up.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aforbit » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:23 am

Alien_Hunter wrote:I play woodland, so yeah outdoors. I mean range as well. I may go with an AK74 with a tb and a good hop up.

Look at it this way what type of play do you like? If you're the kind of guy who likes sit back and ambush or likes to defend a "flag" then SVD is a good pick.

If you're the type of player who likes to out flank enemy team members and likes to stay highly mobile that hoped up 74 is a better bet.

If you are unsure then look at it this way.

The sniper: a good sniper can look at a battle and see a few things
A. Can predict somewhat accurately were the high traffic points will be ( IE: Foot paths and coke points)
B. Can assess enemy assets and relay info about enemy movement to team leaders. (over watch)
C. Understands that his/her primary mission is recon and stealth.
D. Works independently of the unit or fire team.

The Marksmen: all snipers are marksmen but not all marksmen are snipers. Fire team leaders will normally put a marksmen as a flanker or place him just outside the picket lines to "snipe" incoming enemy units or bait them in to a kill zone. unlike snipers Marksmen do not work independently of a fire team most times when not out on Picket duty they play the same role as a riflemen in the fire team.
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.
Aforbit
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cyclops » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:50 am

Honestly go to a shop that has both guns and pick them up and see how they feel. In your head you'll tell your self what one you like better just by the feel. If unable to do that just buy them both (if you can). As for where a sniper and a DMR are suppose to be from last post... Why do what everyone else is doing? Think out side the box. Last game I was a sniper with my BAR10 and I was front line. To see some of their faces was priceless when they saw me with my gun about 120 ft away. But out of the 2 guns I'd like to use the AK74 from your choices just because of the feel.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Toan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:34 pm

My teammate plays with a Real Sword SVD and let me tell you, this thing is BOSS lol. He had a Classic Army SVD before his Real Sword and that was pretty decent also, after a few modifications (rewire, bucking, piston, spring). His Real Sword out ranges my TM g-spec by about 50 or so feet, but my accuracy is better than his. We work as a "shooter/spotter" type of team cause his is an AEG and mine is bolt, so it works out pretty well.

Go test out both at a local shop if you have access. Thats the best way you can gauge on what you want.
ASGI G4
KWA SR12
TM VSR10 GSPEC
KWA 18c
KWA M226
Toan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alien_Hunter » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:16 am

I'm fixing on a Dboy AK74m with either a 6.04 or a 6.03 and an H hop-up. That combined with my 2x scope should be what I want, which is a close to mid-range assault rifle.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Darius137 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Yes.
Member of Rushing Russians KBДB (Cascadian VDV/Airborne) chapter.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/KEBAB.PARTY/
Darius137

Team: RR KBAB

Return to AEG/Electrics