A2 style windage adjustment problems

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

A2 style windage adjustment problems

Postby Khangirey » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:08 pm

I recently picked up an M4 with Colt Trademarks on it, and proceeded to sight it in. When adjusting the read sight for windage, I had to move the aperture all the way over to the right, as it was shooting off center. I used a standard AR-15 sight-in target at 30 feet, and made my adjustments. It shoots dead straight now, but with the standard carry handle sights, the aperture is all the way over to one side. Since I can't really boresight it, I was wondering if there are any tricks to remedy this. It doesn't affect the function of the rifle, but having the sights moved so far over gets annoying after a while.
Khangirey
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: A2 style windage adjustment problems

Postby Alien_Hunter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Is the rifle 'hooking' shots? You know I kinda gave up on the idea of airsoft guns working like real guns mostly because of this stuff. Receiver wobble, loose parts, etc.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MillerSA15 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:49 am

I would try checking your front sight to make sure its lined up correctly. You might be able to shift that and get your rear sight back to center a bit.

Another thing to check is your inner barrel, and make sure something weird isn't forcing it to one side, forcing your shots to do the same.
MillerSA15
Ranger
Ranger

Team: SOTA

Postby Nodachi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:02 am

If your inner barrel isn't bent ( a good thing to check since I have no idea what brand gun you have),
you may need to make sure the hop is seated correctly or shim the hop arm.
Nodachi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alien_Hunter » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:15 am

I think what we're getting at is if with the sights adjusted such as they are and your gun shoots crooked at 60+ feet, then you have some kind of issue. Because it would have only been sighted for 30 feet.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics