North West Laws

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

North West Laws

Postby Lemley » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:00 am

What are the laws about airsoft in Oregon? For example is the blaze orange tip required during play? I know it is in Cali and crossing certain state boarders. I saw that AP requires muzzle covers in safe zones, other than that things have looked similar across the board. Is there anything I should be aware of?

Edit: Either AP specific rules, region/sheriff demands, or state laws. Thanks
Lemley
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: North West Laws

Postby Matt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:20 am

There's no laws that require the orange markings "during play" but there are some city ordinances that prohibit having Airsoft guns in public without orange markings. There used to be a fine in Beaverton if you were caught brandishing an Airsoft gun in public, and an even bigger fine if the orange markings were removed. However, at the state level there are no laws concerning the orange.

The barrel condom AP rule is seldom enforced, most venues are ok with the mag out and safety on.
Matt

Team: APST

Postby Silent Quill » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:29 am

When transporting your airsoft replica in your motor vehicle (since you asked about transporting across state line), the most important thing to understand is that your motor vehicle is considered a public place, which has significant ramifications and consequences if you have your airsoft replica in your motor vehicle (since some laws may include airsoft replicas in the definition of firearm).

Without getting into all of the legal issues and without providing any legal advice, it is a good idea to transport your airsoft replica in the trunk of your vehicle (mags out). If you don't have a trunk, it is a good idea to make the airsoft replica as inaccessible as possible (i.e., put locks on the gun bag where your replica is stored, put the gun bag as far away as possible from the occupants, and don't store your airsoft replica in your motor vehicle-only when you are traveling to and from play).

Just my thoughts.
Silent Quill
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Lemley » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:38 am

Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I was looking for. Curse you beaverton....
Lemley
Recruit
Recruit

Return to AEG/Electrics