Double feeding issue

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Double feeding issue

Postby Tankwitch » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:57 am

One of my AEG's is double feeding. I've looked through the older posts. The solutions I've seen are to replace the air nozzle and the hop-up bucking. Are there any other causes of this that I could be over looking? Could I have a timing issue?

Edit: How do degrees in the bucking it self alter how it works?
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Double feeding issue

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:52 pm

The higher the angle, the more FPS it is intended for. Maple leaf 70 degree is good in general and good for 400fps.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby spazzticsmurff » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:42 am

how many arl catches does your bevel gear have?
sometimes when you only have 2 catches it can definatly be timing.
if you have 4+ timing will not be an issue.

as far as the degrees for buckings goes, degrees stands for durometer, which tells you the hardness of the material.
70dur/degree is good for 400fps+. actualy i use 70degree for everthing,
Last edited by spazzticsmurff on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CommieHunter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:43 am

Timing is not an issue. It's mechanical, and can't change. You can improve non-feeding with a sector chip, but double feeding is unrelated to your gears and tappet plate.

If your anti-reversal latch is not working, you can get double feeds if the gearset rotates back when you let off the trigger. Make sure it is catching properly.

Otherwise it is merely and air nozzle and hop-up bucking issue. Additionally, if you've replaced the bucking and you don't have reason to believe the air nozzle is incorrect for that gun, you might try replacing the hop-up chamber. Some hop-up units are finicky, and it may be easier to correctly install a bucking in a new unit.

The higher number hop-up buckings are harder. They can be durable in high FPS guns, but have less grip. As the other reply said, higher numbers are usually better in higher FPS guns, they can provide enough spin with improved durability. A hard bucking in a low FPS gun won't get enough spin. That being said, I don't like the really hard buckings even in guns that shoot hard. I would rather have nice grip and replace it occasionally.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Tankwitch » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:12 am

It's all stock, so gears shouldn't be a problem. The bucking and air nozzle are both very lack luster, so I'll replace those.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics