Real Sword type 56 issue

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Real Sword type 56 issue

Postby kiwiAK » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi guys,

My names Gordon and im so new to airsoft that im just learning about hop up and bucking! So with that in mind please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I have a Real Sword type 56 (not folding stock version) that I got second hand in nice condition. Other than cleaning it ive never done anything to it (until lately) and its been awesome. Until recently our gun laws in New Zealand prevented full auto function and so it was only ever used semi. However once in awhile it would not work properly and I read that if you ran it on full for a second it would work again, so I converted it back to full auto myself and it worked great for ages.

The problem im having is that it is now (semi or full auto) sending BBs out of the barrel in 1s and 2s, sometimes with normal velocity and mostly slow speeds. What could be causing this? Ive adjusted the hop up with no effect, cleaned the gun and sprayed with silicone, run 500 BBs through it and still its being stubborn. The biggest issue ive just fixed is that the motor cage shattered into several bits while firing in full.

Originally i got the gun as the most accurate replica for my militaria collection, i hope its not going to be retired as an expensive wallhanger already :D

Thanks for taking the time to read this and i look forward to learning a lot on this forum.
kiwiAK
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Real Sword type 56 issue

Postby Matt » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:50 am

Have you taken the hopup and inner barrel out completely? Could be your hopup bucking is damaged or misaligned. Have you been using the same magazines and ammo all along? Sometimes magazines can misfeed, sometimes ammo can jam up if you are using poor quality stuff.
Matt

Team: APST

Re: Real Sword type 56 issue

Postby Alien_Hunter » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:30 pm

One way to test is to take the barrel out, look down the hop up end and adjust the slider and watch the bucking move up and down. If it isn't, or seems abnormal in operation, something is broked. Like matt said inspect your bucking, check the nub for proper seating.
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Return to AEG/Electrics