prowin m4 hop up in vfc hk416

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

prowin m4 hop up in vfc hk416

Postby Mindspeed » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:52 pm

My googlefoo is failing me. I put a prowin hop up in my vfc hk416 and now have very poor compression.
Does anyone here have experience with this setup? Is there anything I have to mod to make it work?
The stock hop up works fine with the same barrell and bucking.

Thanks for reading.
Mindspeed
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: prowin m4 hop up in vfc hk416

Postby Vulpes » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:13 am

Hope this isn't necro-posting here :roll:

I don't have any experience with the prowin, however you may want to disassemble and re-assemble all over again, maybe you missed something or a part is out of wack?

I have had barrels not match up with hops before, what barrel are you using? Check and see if your barrel is loose or wobbling, that would drastically lower your performance.

-Vulpes
JG m4s, CYMA 1928 custom "Thomas" (yes spelling is correct), G&G cm gbb, JG commando, JG p90, WE usmc m9 gbb (tan), G&G Top Tech T16A3 BB
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Re: prowin m4 hop up in vfc hk416

Postby AndyC » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:27 pm

I had one of these in my LR300 and had the same issue. It appeared that(on mine at least) the opening for the air nozzle was too large in diameter and the nozzle wasn't sealing. I switched to a VFC 417 hop which is the same as the 416C and will fit most M4-type setups with slight modification to the side fins. Haven't had an issue since installing that.
AndyC
Grunt
Grunt

Return to AEG/Electrics