Airsoft GI Custom guns

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Airsoft GI Custom guns

Postby 1SGT.Reaper » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:38 pm

Does anybody have any experience with Airsoft GI custom M4s? If so I would like to know the best one and any positive or negative thoughts. Thank you
"Retreat Hell, We're just advancing in a different direction"
1SGT.Reaper
Grunt
Grunt

Team: ODA 556

Re: Airsoft GI Custom guns

Postby Alien_Hunter » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:49 pm

Watch out is all I have to say. It looks like a lot of their guns are G&G combat machines going for more money. Sometimes they have an aftermarket rail, sometimes they're just plain ol' combat machines (plastic receivers) somehow going for more money (don't even come with accessories shown). I don't believe any sub $300 guns even have aftermarket parts installed.

Ah. These ones. They are combat machines wearing lipstick. I'd say avoid their M4 "customs" all together, not because I know they're bad but you're not getting much for that extra $100 or so they're trying to charge.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=139_70_716
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Re: Airsoft GI Custom guns

Postby Airsoftee » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Well first off, a disclamer. I don't own any GI custom guns, so this is all from useing them, research, friends, and sales reps (that own them).

The are all OEM guns, with aftermarket rails, and possibly outer barrels, iron sights. The extra price is pretty much for the $50-$125 rail.

The OEMs are G&G, lonex, and VFC.

My thoughts on them.

The G&Gs aren't worth it really, put a $120 rail on a $140 gun?

VFCs, I don't know much about them…

Lonex, I really like these. First off I was responsible for this one http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... s_id=16319 And I would recommend it very much. They're acceptable internally (I normally upgrade most everything in KWAs), the motors are aftermarket A3s, gears are good stock, spur gear is self shimming, Ball bearing spring guide, ORING AIR NOZZEL, 8mm bushings, very nice ported cylinder, polymer piston with several metal teath, ported piston head, wireing could be better (so could most), and generally good parts otherwise.
Externally, it's all opinion, however in mine they're quite good. Comes with a flash mag.

Thank you,
Airsoftee
Who's there? Oh, just me.

But you should know, I never travel alone…
Airsoftee
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Return to AEG/Electrics