Inner Barrel problems

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Inner Barrel problems

Postby Veevee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:42 pm

I have an Echo-1 VMG74 that I've been using for the past 2 years and I wanted to upgrade the inner barrel. I bought a Angel Custom 6.01mm inner barrel off evike & Installed it myself. The gun wasn't shooting straight, the BBs were curving down pretty badly, adjusting the hop-up wouldn't work, it would go from pretty bad to REALLY bad; it would hit the flash hider. I disassembled it thinking that I may have missed something, but everything is in place, the bucking, spacer, barrel was aligned correctly so I dont know what the problem was. I took it to airsoft outlet nw & they suggested getting a new hop up bucking, which I did buy, one of those blue madbull ones. But that only improved it very minimally. I dont have enough experience to know what the problem is so what do you guys think? :doubt:

TL;DR BBs are curving down every since I bought a precision inner barrel, what's going on?
I grunt, therefore I am.
Veevee
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Inner Barrel problems

Postby Gilligan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:56 pm

Try taking out your barrel and give it a good deep cleaning, then look at a light through it to try and see any possible burrs or obtrusions that might be affecting your trajectory. If you're hitting the flash hider on the way out there is something fundamentally wrong with your barrel.

I've heard really bad things about Angel Custom, I usually try to avoid brands like that on Evike. A Prometheus barrel is worth the extra money.

You could try lapping it (google Hs5 barrel lapping), but I don't think thats worth it for a $30 barrel. Even then it might not do much.

I've seen people just lap a stock brass barrel and get decent results, that could be an alternative if you're willing to do the work to do it right. I've also heard some good thing about the ZCI barrels on Clandestineairsoft.com, but I don't have any personal experience with em.

Hope this helps!
Gilligan
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:36 pm

First off, I'm super jealous that you live so close to the shop, and Sonic burger! You suck! Jk

Instead of playing the guessing game, take it back to Jesse, and say "Jesse, oh airsoft sorcerer, warlock of the workbench, please breathe life back into my sword."

He'll say "two weeks." AND IT WILL BE SO, MORTAL! :roll:
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby SneakyD » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:39 pm

A problem I see alot when people put in a new barrel, is the hop-up nub falls out, its very small and hard to notice unless you check it . I would take the barrel back out and make sure that the hop-up nub didnt fall out while you were changing out the barrel. the nub should be a small round rubber tube shaped object that sits between the outside of the hop-up bucking and the hop-up adjustment arm. hope this helps
SneakyD
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Veevee » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:45 pm

SneakyD wrote:A problem I see alot when people put in a new barrel, is the hop-up nub falls out, its very small and hard to notice unless you check it . I would take the barrel back out and make sure that the hop-up nub didnt fall out while you were changing out the barrel. the nub should be a small round rubber tube shaped object that sits between the outside of the hop-up bucking and the hop-up adjustment arm. hope this helps

Yes I've double checked, I heard that it happens often so I made sure it didn't fall out.
I grunt, therefore I am.
Veevee
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Kommodant » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:40 am

Have you tried returning the rifle to its original configuration to see if the issue is still there?
Kommodant
Soldier
Soldier

Team: {FAG}

Postby Veevee » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:09 pm

Kommodant wrote:Have you tried returning the rifle to its original configuration to see if the issue is still there?

Wow... Interestingly, I did what you said & it worked fine, but I decided to try on the new barrel just one more time. Damn barrel started working & had very slightly too much hop-up, but it's perfect for outdoor games. Thanks guys, guess I just had to play around with it a little. :lol:
I grunt, therefore I am.
Veevee
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Ironmonkie » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Is it possible that when you initially installed the barrel, it was upside down? I did that back in my extreme noob days. :oops:
[url]youtube.com/tunerguy82[/url]
Active duty US Navy
Ironmonkie
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Alien_Hunter » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:42 pm

Try rolling your barrel on a completely smooth and flat surface like a granite counter top. It will tell you if your barrel is bent if it does not roll smoothly (IE one end is "humping" up and down while you roll it.).
I'm the osiris of this.
Alien_Hunter
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics