MTC (3) DMR build help.

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

MTC (3) DMR build help.

Postby NicholasC47 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:14 am

Hello.

I bought an MTC a few months ago with high expectations. Needless to say not many of them were met, but I was overall pleased with the product nonetheless. I just recently got into the idea of making it into a DMR of some sorts. The only problem is I have a minimal amount of knowledge on how to go about doing such an upgrade.

I was only ever able to gather one thing from people who make DMR builds. A longer barrel. I know that the quality of the barrel and length play a huge role in the gun's performance, but I don't believe that is it.

I would like to know what a good starter DMR build for the Echo 1 MTC 3 would be, and a list of parts if possible.

Thanks for your time.
NicholasC47
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: MTC (3) DMR build help.

Postby Vulpes » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:58 am

You will probably here this a lot-
Honestly the best place to start is with a better hop-up, bucking, nub, and a good bag of bb's (I use .25 bios in my a3) get a good hop-up put together THEN look into a better barrel.
That's my 2 cents!
Last edited by Vulpes on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JG m4s, CYMA 1928 custom "Thomas" (yes spelling is correct), G&G cm gbb, JG commando, JG p90, WE usmc m9 gbb (tan), G&G Top Tech T16A3 BB
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Gilligan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:32 pm

As for gearbox setup, that's your preference. Just make it reliable and consistent.

For accuracy, a good hop up is good (like vulpes said). I recommend looking into an R-hop

As for barrels, longer isn't necessarily better. I remember reading somewhere that there wasn't a dramatic difference in anything over 450ish mm and anything over 509 is pointless.

Look into hunterseeker armory. He has got some great accuracy concepts and modifications to do that will help.
Gilligan
Grunt
Grunt

Postby spazzticsmurff » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:52 pm

there are lots of things that you need to do to build a propper dmr rifle.
wait, hold on, i think i remember something, i think i got a link that you might want to read.

http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=892

i recomend sorbo instead of the foam they recomend in this link, but 90% of the information here is exactly what you are looking for.
hope this helps and gives you the information you are looking for.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics