AEG with high RPM

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

AEG with high RPM

Postby MAAKKAAWW » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:29 pm

Right now I've got a pretty good gun but what I'm looking for is something small, compact, and has a very high rpm. This gun could be a pistol even but from what I've seen is most faster firing pistols or even AEGs need green gas which I'm not totally agains but don't prefer. Also instead of buying a whole new gun I'm thinking of buying a 11.1v 1600 mah battery which is a big improvement and would put my rpm to where i think i would want it. Any suggestions on a good gun.

P.S. This gun would mainly be used to get behind the enemy without being noticed and then unloading before they know I'm there.

Sincerely,

MAAKKAAWW
MAAKKAAWW
Recruit
Recruit

Team: SQC

Re: AEG with high RPM

Postby ~Thunder~ » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Personally, i'd have a hard time finding the benefit of a high rpm, full-auto, pistol.

Why not slip an 11.1 lipo, in the AEG of your choosing, that sports a folding/collapsing stock, and short'ish overall length?
Cap n pickles wrote:....if i do not see my name some where on this list, i will just show up naked, ready to get some.

f**k it, i'll just show up naked.
~Thunder~
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Cyclops » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:47 pm

http://www.evike.com/products/39846/

This is a great gun. Don't get the rpm up there. Waste of money and things will break down fast. Also I would stay away from the 11.1 lipos. Giving a short time your piston will get striped. This gun over all is pretty good. Team mate has one stock and it shoots 370 and about 22 rps. Small and VERY light.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:58 pm

Airsoft outlet will not carry that gun anymore, because the latch that holds the spare magazine/ battery box brakes and is unfixable. So instead they suggested that I get the G&G 100Y. Super happy with it, took the stock of now I have an awesome AR pistol that shoots great, has easy access to the battery compartment and has a high rpm. The guy on F.O.A.D. who has the glasses (whats his name?) used it at the winter Expo all day and loved it. Also it's an EBB! They have them in stock at airsoft outlet Northwest for $220. Andrew hooked it up with a 7.4 2200mah, works great!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Steve » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:36 am

I've chased the super-high RPM fairy for quite a while. It basically comes down to upping the RPM drastically reduces the life cycle of your AEG. As it has been explained to me, there are certain things you can do to up the ROF.

Weaker springs create less resistance, and allow the AEG to cycle faster (for some value of faster), but the weaker spring may not extend fast enough to get the piston fully forward before the sector gear comes back around to grab it again. The teeth will eventually end up stripping off the stock piston (eventually being pretty quickly if you shoot a lot). Stronger springs put the piston back in battery, but take more work (time) to push back, decreasing your overall ROF.

So, the first step is to use a stronger spring. But then the velocity is too high. So you cut a couple of teeth off of the gear with a dremel to short-stroke the piston. And then install a bore-up kit to get some of the velocity back. And then upgrade the motor, replace the air seal components, piston, bearings, gearbox, wiring, new gears, tappet plate that you have melted, about three more motors, etc. Next thing you know, you've rebuilt the stupid thing three or four times, paid the initial cost at least twice in parts, and it has absolutely NO factory internals left. And then get two more and repeat everything above again and plan on having to rebuild at least on of the three after every weekend event, because AEGs just don't handle 30+ RPS for long periods and if you don't have at least three high ROF guns up and working at the beginning of the day, you won't have 1 working at the end of the day. And then realize that finding a good tech means that you pay for labor, but you end up not screwing up nearly as many parts (trust me: it's cheaper to pay a pro to do it once rather than doing it yourself a half dozen times and STILL having to take it to a pro to get it fixed).

And then take a deep breath and realize that, within reason, a good tech can tune something in the high 20 / low 30 RPS by doing a total internal rebuild ONCE, and it only needs to be rebuilt every six months or so. 42 RPS is total bragging rights and all, but parts get stupidly expensive and don't last very long.

I've heard about, but haven't used a PolarStar engine (mostly because I don't want to use a paintball air rig). That might be a more reliable solution. The old-school Mac-11's had stupidly high ROFs (but small mag capacities). You might be better off picking up something small and compact that you like, and as you destroy components, rebuild it for speed. I've pretty much given up pouring tons and tons of money into high ROF, and have instead jumped on the "shortest possible rifle" bandwagon, so my information may be dated. I'd probably ask what was realistically possible in terms of ROF upgrades from one of the experienced techs at a local shop (Jesse at AONW, for example).
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Cyclops » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:36 am

ClownBaby wrote:The guy on F.O.A.D. who has the glasses (whats his name?) used it at the winter Expo all day and loved it.

That would have been Weeds.... Broke has one to and I play with it. Fun little gun and we haven't had any issues with it yet. Had it for a year now.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby spazzticsmurff » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:36 pm

what do you concider high rof? im running at 35-38rps, and have been for some time now.
if you want to go with a high rof you have to be prepared to pay for it. if you havent built any guns, yourself then a high rof gun is not what i would recomend for your first build. find someone that knows what those types of builds entail. have them show you what they have built and then be prepared for a nice bill.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ironmonkie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:07 pm

If you want a high rate of fire with minimum parts breakage, Polar Star is the only way to go, I've seen them run around 70 rps.
[url]youtube.com/tunerguy82[/url]
Active duty US Navy
Ironmonkie
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:31 pm

F POLAR STAR! GO PLAY PAINTBALL :D
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Ironmonkie » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:03 am

ClownBaby wrote:F POLAR STAR! GO PLAY PAINTBALL :D

What do you have against Polar Star?
[url]youtube.com/tunerguy82[/url]
Active duty US Navy
Ironmonkie
Grunt
Grunt

Postby spazzticsmurff » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:40 pm

ClownBaby wrote:F POLAR STAR! GO PLAY PAINTBALL :D

sounds like somebody had a bad time on the wrong end of said platform.

its ok buddy, its not the end of the world.

p*'s are an ok platform if you can live with the hose and extra weight from the tank that is required. it is not my preference, but i have many friends that use them and i have installed them in quite a few guns for people. they are a means to an end for those people that want to have a reliable platform with out all the maintenence of an aeg. p*'s are easy to tune and get the performance that you desire and can be made into a muti purpose gun with the turn of a screw and some adjustments of the fcu. i like to tinker and pull all that is possable from my aeg's so i have never purchased said platform but i have played around with them and they are not the end all/be all, nor are they going to ruin the sport. they are just another type of platform to shoot with.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics