Demon gun now with hop up issues

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Demon gun now with hop up issues

Postby binicb2r » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Im still working on demon gun. It hates my soul. At this point I just want it to shoot. It is a V2 gear box in an M4 platform. The barrel is not a tight bore.

I dropped it down from an M120 spring to some shorter, unknown spring. Now semi doesnt work. I can deal with that later.

BBs do not go through the hopup with the hop up all the way off. They get stuck just inside the hopup, just far enough to completely seal not allowing air to pass by. Same thing happens when a BB is dropped in from the muzzle, it gets stuck in the same spot and has to be popped out with a screw driver or allen key.

Any ideas as to why the hopup is super tight in that spot?
binicb2r
Soldier
Soldier

Team: OITAC

Re: Demon gun now with hop up issues

Postby Mindspeed » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:00 pm

is the "super tight spot" under the hopup window of the barrel?

If so, maybe your nub is on edge and not seated correctly with the hopup arm.
Mindspeed
Soldier
Soldier

Team: N/A

Postby binicb2r » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:03 am

Mindspeed wrote:is the "super tight spot" under the hopup window of the barrel?

If so, maybe your nub is on edge and not seated correctly with the hopup arm.

No, it seems to be before the window. By visual inspection the nub does not stick down any appreciable distance. I will mess with it later today if I have time.
binicb2r
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:12 am

please dont take this the wrong way, but what kind of bb's are you using? if you are using low quality bb;s that may be the issue. the nub might be bunched up also. Just a thought
Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby binicb2r » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:17 am

Quality BBs. The club I am with gets bulk bags from Airsoft Outlet in Portland OR. I am using their .23g BBs at the moment.

I have had the same issue after rebuilding the hopup several times. Any trick I can use to check it or when putting the barrel back in?
binicb2r
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AirsoftoutletNW » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:58 am

If you have to jam the BB through the hop-up and bucking, you have a problem. Congrats on diagnosing that correctly.

Have you tried dropping the BBs through the barrel while it's out of the unit? Make sure the barrel is ok and not deformed at all. Then I'd try BBs through the barrel with the bucking on outside the unit. Just to make sure.

Some of the time, when you get an issue where BBs won't fit through, it's just an unlucky combination of a tight chamber, thick bucking material, and wider barrel manufacturing.

When the bucking and barrel are in the hop-up chamber, look down the barrel. Can you see the rim of the bucking sticking out at the back? Does it protrude into the chamber a lot? Is it even all the way around or crooked?

What brand parts are you using? You might try a different brand bucking, or you might just need a better quality hop-up unit.
AirsoftoutletNW
Sponsor
Sponsor

Team: N/A

Postby binicb2r » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:33 pm

AirsoftoutletNW wrote:If you have to jam the BB through the hop-up and bucking, you have a problem. Congrats on diagnosing that correctly.

Have you tried dropping the BBs through the barrel while it's out of the unit? Make sure the barrel is ok and not deformed at all. Then I'd try BBs through the barrel with the bucking on outside the unit. Just to make sure.

Some of the time, when you get an issue where BBs won't fit through, it's just an unlucky combination of a tight chamber, thick bucking material, and wider barrel manufacturing.

When the bucking and barrel are in the hop-up chamber, look down the barrel. Can you see the rim of the bucking sticking out at the back? Does it protrude into the chamber a lot? Is it even all the way around or crooked?

What brand parts are you using? You might try a different brand bucking, or you might just need a better quality hop-up unit.

BB falls through the barrel with no bucking. With the bucking on the barrel the BB stops where the BBs meets the bucking. It needs to be pushed through into the barrel then it falls all the way through. Technically, it gets stuck before the barrel as the bucking as a portion I assume is designed to seal to the nozzle.

It is even all the way around but does stick ever so slightly into the feed tube from the magazine. I currently so not have another metal hopup to try, it is in my electronics box at school with my other senior project.

I have no idea the brand. It is what ever my buddy had in the gun before stripping the gearbox.
binicb2r
Soldier
Soldier

Postby binicb2r » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:23 pm

Hopup issue seems to be resolved. The bucking was too stiff and not moving for the BB to pass through.

Still got the issue of semi not working. Ill swap out selector plates at some point and see if thats it.
binicb2r
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics