Need a New M4

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Re: Need a New M4

Postby Jester316 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:00 am

When you start screwing with the internals, it's hard to say that the gun design/stock design is to blame for things going wrong. Not saying you don't know what you are doing, but when you change things from how they were designed to work, you can no longer say that the gun is garbage.

As you said, it worked great until you started messing with it....

FIRE CLEANSES ALL!
Jester316

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Wisenheimer » Tue May 06, 2014 10:05 am

Whatever.
Wisenheimer
Ranger
Ranger

Team: N/A

Postby Payback » Tue May 06, 2014 11:01 am

pathfinder wrote:

oh yea...did i mention Echo 1 yet?

I second this. Best bang for your buck. Plus, just a few months ago, they had a deal that if you sent them your broken echo1 gun, they would completely fix anything wrong with it and send it back. You just had to pay for shipping. Didn't matter how old the gun was, but it had to be stock.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Postby CommieHunter » Tue May 06, 2014 11:33 am

I just came here to say one thing:

The Lancer Tactical PDW is Dboys, not VFC. Only the high-end (high price) KAC PDW is VFC OEM.

DYTAC is a pretty good entry gun
G&G is a reliable entry gun
KWA is a better performance high end gun

Lots of other brands are good choices too. Each brand (and even model in the brand) has strengths and weaknesses. What you value most (reliability, performance, bearings, metal body, looks) dictates which you think is the best.
CommieHunter

Team: SOTA

Postby Gripzx » Tue May 06, 2014 12:49 pm

This is the Dytac RB was referring to. This is the third time the gear box has cracked, it blew apart the gears the first time and piston shredded the second time. The first box was a gen1 the second box was a gen2 Dytac. I do not have anything against TK personally but they are the ones that built this gun and have done all the repairs / maintenance on it since i do not have time because of work. So even when you have a shop do it the gun still explodes unless left 100% stock. My G&G on the other hand has been surprisingly reliable. BTW as you can see this gun has been to 3 games, this last time it broke before the game, I did not even get to put a full mag through it.

I would say stick to VFC if you can afford it, They run smooth and are reliable.

Gripzx
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Shortbu » Tue May 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Gripzx wrote:This is the Dytac RB was referring to. This is the third time the gear box has cracked, it blew apart the gears the first time and piston shredded the second time. The first box was a gen1 the second box was a gen2 Dytac. I do not have anything against TK personally but they are the ones that built this gun and have done all the repairs / maintenance on it since i do not have time because of work. So even when you have a shop do it the gun still explodes unless left 100% stock. My G&G on the other hand has been surprisingly reliable. BTW as you can see this gun has been to 3 games, this last time it broke before the game, I did not even get to put a full mag through it.

I would say stick to VFC if you can afford it, They run smooth and are reliable.

Can't argue with that. Nice job presenting your case. I do still wonder what generation it is. Like I said I've put bags and bags of ammo through my 1st gen. with hardly an issue. I did break the gear box while using it like 20 degree weather, and 6" of snow. Gear box was replaced, and works like a clock.
I agree VFC stuff is amazing, but I have been told by a VERY reputable tech,that after breaking into a VFC, they are very finicky with non-VFC parts.
Joke em' if they can't take a shazaam!
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mindspeed » Tue May 06, 2014 3:04 pm

My vfc hk416 worked on by AONW is the wet dream of aegs....it is a combination of what parts and in my opinion more impotantly who does the work. That being said if you use crap parts in an gun a tech can only polish a turd so much.
Mindspeed
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shortbu » Tue May 06, 2014 3:27 pm

Mindspeed wrote:My vfc hk416 worked on by AONW is the wet dream of aegs....it is a combination of what parts and in my opinion more impotantly who does the work. That being said if you use crap parts in an gun a tech can only polish a turd so much.

I agree 100%. The tech I spoke with was also from AONW. I have all my custom work done by them and they've always exceeded expectations. I never said they wouldn't work with non VFC parts, just picky about which parts work best with them. I looooove VFC products, and have 2 of them. May eventually have a couple more. I was looking into grabbing a couple of 416's, till I handled the RM4. Now I'm torn.
You can also put quality parts in a quality gun, and they just don't mesh well. I recently had Modify internals put in my MK23, and they evidently don't like G&P gearboxes. Jesse (AONW) threw some Siegetech gears in it, did a little custom trigger work, replaced the bearings for high quality bushings, and the thing is now a freaking BEAST!!
I've come to learn, it's not always how much you spend, some quality parts just don't mesh with certain guns.
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shortbu » Tue May 06, 2014 3:30 pm

BTW, the OP took his gun in, and rather than buy a new one, they suggested a rebuild of his old one. So, essentially the whole topic is rather moot.
Shortbu
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 1SGT.Reaper » Tue May 06, 2014 5:38 pm

BTW, the OP took his gun in, and rather than buy a new one, they suggested a rebuild of his old one. So, essentially the whole topic is rather moot.

Shortbus makes a good point, I have been working with thunderkiss and they suggested just replacing the externals and tuning up the internals just a little. So thank you all for your help, once this thing finally goes bust I will consider buying a whole new gun. I have a feeling that this gun has many miles left on it, internally. Hopefully with the new metal externals, the externals will no longer be a problem. So once again thank you for all of your help. Reaper out :D
"Retreat Hell, We're just advancing in a different direction"
1SGT.Reaper
Grunt
Grunt

Team: ODA 556

Postby ogrejager » Wed May 07, 2014 7:31 am

Wisenheimer wrote:What happened to the AP that rips noobs new ones for asking such an illiterate question as, "what gun should I get"?

They keep deleting my posts.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Postby 1SGT.Reaper » Sat May 31, 2014 7:52 pm

I know this is necro, but I started this topic. So I got a new gun today!!!!!! A VFC Hk 416 for $375 that came with a AAC suppressor, a Eotech, a Peq 15, and a Scout light!!! This thing is amazing, pictures to follow :) :D 8)
1SGT.Reaper
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Cyclops » Sat May 31, 2014 9:58 pm

You'll love that gun. I have the 418 same thing just a longer warranty. Light weight and very durable. Don't fix anything on it till it breaks down IF it does. Only changes I did on mine is put a 363mm 6.01 TBB and FPS jumped up to 380.
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby 1SGT.Reaper » Sat May 31, 2014 10:38 pm

Guess we will have to compare them at The Swamp Cyclops
1SGT.Reaper
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:19 am

1SGT.Reaper wrote:I know this is necro, but I started this topic.

When you post your own followup to a "what should I do" thread with a "I did this", it's not a necro. We call that "closure".

Congrats on the purchase!

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Previous

Return to AEG/Electrics