Where can i get good begginner gun

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Where can i get good begginner gun

Postby syxtyniner69 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:01 pm

im new to airsofting i need somewere i can buy decent gun for like 100 to 200 dollars fully auto or semi auto in tacoma washington :lol:
syxtyniner69
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: Where can i get good begginner gun

Postby Vulpes » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Okay nobody flame me on this one...
I reccomend ordering online, you will (usually) be able to get the best deals, and often times you get free shipping and/or coupons for any accessories you order.
If you cannot order, and there is no airsoft dealer nearby, sporting goods stores *can be a good option if you know the rules-
-Don't buy it if it is not in sale. Ever.
-When it is on sale, Google it and check amazon, Evike, and airsoft GI to compare prices, if they are similar, then you should be alright.
-Coupons. Google coupons and ads for the store you are shopping in.
-Always look up reviews. And for the love of God my savior please don't by the "black ops" m4's. I have literally fixed three different ones for kids on the field. They fall apart in your hands.

PM me if you want any more info, I have bought a good number of great guns from sporting goods stores for cheaper than any website or outlet.

Sorry for the length :roll:
JG m4s, CYMA 1928 custom "Thomas" (yes spelling is correct), G&G cm gbb, JG commando, JG p90, WE usmc m9 gbb (tan), G&G Top Tech T16A3 BB
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Postby ogrejager » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:29 pm

I disagree with the above advice. Go to Airsoft Outlet Northwest and handle a few guns, then decide what to buy. Then buy it there, with techs that will make sure you've got a battery and charger and so forth.

Do it in person.

My dog may not be "cute" or "cool"...but he HUNTS!
ogrejager

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Jmonday » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:08 pm

ogrejager wrote:I disagree with the above advice. Go to Airsoft Outlet Northwest and handle a few guns, then decide what to buy. Then buy it there, with techs that will make sure you've got a battery and charger and so forth.

Do it in person.

For the first time ever, I actually think that ogrejager has a good point. Going into a shop, to play, and handle some guns would be your best bet to figure out what gun is right for you. And they'll probably give you a few pointers on the gun.

Ordering online is good... Only if you know what your looking for, and know what your doing. There are a-lot of comments on Summer and Christmas noobs that buy a 80 dollar cheap plastic gear-box gun and find-out its horrible(probably wont work after 2 days)

G&G's are really good beginner guns to get, easy to maintain, and if anything happens, they are really cheap to replace, or even upgrade. My first time playing airsoft, I started in California, and bought my first airsoft items at Airsplat(they where better when they started out) and AirsoftGI. I lived remotely close to them, and anytime I had any questions, I'd just go into the walk-in stores, and they'll most likely answer any questions.

Doing it in person would be easier to figure out, and what stuff you'd need to start out. I only started with a CYMA AK47 and a high-cap mag. Then I slowly upgraded, figuring out what I'm going to get, and what would be best for me. Don't buy a $300 gun that you have no clue on how to clean, and maintain it. A cheaper i-dont-care-if-i-break-it gun, but that will still keep you in the game would be best.

honestly, using logic, and buying from Dicks, or other sporting goods stores aren't going to be great. They'll probably have no return warranty, and having a low FPS and trigger response. It's going to be like bringing a knife to a gun fight, they both get the job done, but one is going to have an advantage over the other. I've played at Oregon Airsoft Arena, and kids would bring in these nice looking guns, that where horrible, probably not over 200 FPS, and the slowest trigger response ever.

In the end, go to a local retailer, research, be prepared with money, and get the best gun that suits your needs.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Riddick » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:35 pm

syxtyniner69 wrote:im new to airsofting i need somewere i can buy decent gun for like 100 to 200 dollars fully auto or semi auto in tacoma washington :lol:

There is nothing in Tacoma that I can think of but there is Airsplat in Seattle. If you want to drive on down south to Vancouver, there is Thunderkiss NW as well.

Maybe see if there is a local game in your area and see about renting or borrowing a rifle to use. I know airsplat had some kind of swap meet today but that ended at 5.

We do have a swap meet called Summer Slaughter next month that would be a great time to score an awesome deal on a new or used rifle. Myself and others that attend offer some excellent prices and most are willing to barter some.

I'll never recommend the death of airsoft retail by recommending the ones from California. Support the local guys. Support those that support the airsoft communities. My two cents...
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Postby ClownBaby » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:58 pm

Go to the Airsoft Center 525 Puyallup Ave in Tacoma, they're open till midnight!
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Vulpes » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:19 pm

Lol guys now hold on and here me out! The advice was ONLY meant as that being the last resort! I know what it is like to have literally no access to the stated options. Sometimes your parents can't or are not willing to drive you around if you are not able to drive yourself.
Again, I only meant what I said as a last resort, can't get to an event or store, can't order online (as were my early airsoft years,and I know I am not alone) and have little to no other options.
I agree, airsoft should be supported locally, and not killed off by retailers. Also, you can pick up relatively decent aeg's from sporting goods stores, and they usually have a great return policy. I have bought a few jg m4's and a king arms Thompson for cheaper than online prices, all of which have performed very well out of the box.
I am not condoning buying from sports stores, this is just advice for if they are your ONLY option.
JG m4s, CYMA 1928 custom "Thomas" (yes spelling is correct), G&G cm gbb, JG commando, JG p90, WE usmc m9 gbb (tan), G&G Top Tech T16A3 BB
Vulpes
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jmonday » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:52 pm

Vulpes wrote:Lol guys now hold on and here me out! The advice was ONLY meant as that being the last resort! I know what it is like to have literally no access to the stated options. Sometimes your parents can't or are not willing to drive you around if you are not able to drive yourself.
Again, I only meant what I said as a last resort, can't get to an event or store, can't order online (as were my early airsoft years,and I know I am not alone) and have little to no other options.
I agree, airsoft should be supported locally, and not killed off by retailers. Also, you can pick up relatively decent aeg's from sporting goods stores, and they usually have a great return policy. I have bought a few jg m4's and a king arms Thompson for cheaper than online prices, all of which have performed very well out of the box.
I am not condoning buying from sports stores, this is just advice for if they are your ONLY option.

Well, if you have absolute zero chances of getting something from AONW or Thunderkiss or online retailer, then you'll probably have to buy from a sporting goods store. I've never seen an actual good airsoft gun in ANY sporting store. Go ahead and buy from a sport store, but don't whine when it doesn't work the next day.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Wisenheimer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:29 am

I actually saw an Elite Force M4 at Sportman's Warehouse.
Wisenheimer
Ranger
Ranger

Postby laggard » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Wisenheimer wrote:I actually saw an Elite Force M4 at Sportman's Warehouse.

The Big 5 in North Bend, Oregon has the Elite Force M4A1 also last time I was in there.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.
laggard
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jerm_G » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:03 am

There is another option but its best to have an experenced player who knows the tech side if the house help you out. In the tabs of this web site there is a tab called "Market. These are used guns sold by players that are leaving the sport or upgrading to a different gun. Some are good deals... some are not. You can however sometimes score a great gun for $150 or so. Same with gear too. Again you have to know what you are looking for and understand there is some risk involved.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Team: AIRSOC

Postby Jmonday » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:24 am

Jerm_G wrote:There is another option but its best to have an experenced player who knows the tech side if the house help you out. In the tabs of this web site there is a tab called "Market. These are used guns sold by players that are leaving the sport or upgrading to a different gun. Some are good deals... some are not. You can however sometimes score a great gun for $150 or so. Same with gear too. Again you have to know what you are looking for and understand there is some risk involved.

This is also a great way to get a gun.. Almost.. Some deals are pretty horrible.

You also don't know what your getting into. If they say that it's a $5 replacement part, and haven't taken the time to buy that $5 replacement, there obviously lying, or there is more than an $5 investment.

Good one thinking of that, I totally forgot about that way Jerm_G. But, not many people buy stuff off of there anyways..

At-least, I only bought a few plate carriers and uniforms.
Jmonday
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Jerm_G » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:08 pm

Ive bought and sold both guns and gear from the market. Lots of people do, you just have to have a basic understanding of what you are buying. Hence the "its best to have an experenced player who knows the tech side if the house help you out". Chances are if the seller is known to the community as an honorable person you will be getting a good deal.

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer." -Major I.L. Holdridge USMC
Jerm_G
Soldier
Soldier

Team: AIRSOC

Postby ClownBaby » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:30 am

Again, go to the Airsoft Center. They have a shop AND a place to play. Buy a G&G, then go shoot teenagers!

Awesome.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Return to AEG/Electrics