MOSFET help

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

MOSFET help

Postby Marpat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:59 am

I have not messed around with airsoft in over a year now so i am a little rusty and on top of that, i have never messed with MOSFET. I have decided to build myself a new AEG in the near future and i want to set it up like a DMR with only single and burst capabilities. my plan is to use the Burst Wizard King Kong Super 2 MOSFET T. but this is a plug and play component. i also want to install standard MOSFET for many obvious reasons. will there be any issues with plugging a MOSFET unit in on top of another one?

P.S. what would be a good MOSFET to use?
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: MOSFET help

Postby Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.] » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Keep in mind that if you are building a 420+ fps gun. to be able to play on all the fields I know of it has to be semi only.
Hawkeye [F.O.A.D.]
Soldier
Soldier

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Mindspeed » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:05 pm

You can just hard wire the king kong burst wizard. You soldier a wire from the burst wizard to your trigger contact. The instruction will have exactly what you need to do.
Mindspeed
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Marpat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 am

thank you mindspeed
-Jus skiddin-
Marpat
Grunt
Grunt

Postby spazzticsmurff » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Marpat wrote:I have not messed around with airsoft in over a year now so i am a little rusty and on top of that, i have never messed with MOSFET. I have decided to build myself a new AEG in the near future and i want to set it up like a DMR with only single and burst capabilities. my plan is to use the Burst Wizard King Kong Super 2 MOSFET T. but this is a plug and play component. i also want to install standard MOSFET for many obvious reasons. will there be any issues with plugging a MOSFET unit in on top of another one?

P.S. what would be a good MOSFET to use?

i ment to reply to this thread a before this but i didnt, so here i am.

placing one fet on top of another is redundant and not required. find yourself a good quality fet and have it installed by a compident tech, id hook you up but im in az. the nukefets i carry or the fets avalible on clandistineairsoft or brillarmory are good fets. they are basic fets and dont have all the fancy features that a computorized fet will have but they are very well made and the manufactures stand by their products.

the nukefet's are small enough that i have installed one inside of a customers gb. and they are dual tvs diode protected. had another customer plug a fully charged 9.6nimh that was wired with reversed polarity into one. it fried the battery and got the fet hot enough that it melted some of the heatshrink on the fet but the fet still worked properly when a correctly wired battery was plugged into it. i only currently sell 2 brands of fets in my store, nukefet's and btc fets, both are ran by people that stand by there products 100% and offer super customer service.

there are also several others that make/sell fets that are of great quality, ie: extreme-fire, jonesy, crap i know of at leats 3 others but i cant think of there names off the top of my head.
spazzticsmurff
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics