AEPs. Are they worth it?

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

AEPs. Are they worth it?

Postby Typhon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:30 pm

I've noticed that AEPs tend to be fairly inexpensive, but I was wondering if there is a reason for that? Being new to airsoft and the equipment being used, I don't know much. So, Automatic Electric Pistols. What do you all think of them? Can you share you experiences with them with me?

Thanks,
Typhon
Motionless Operators Ventilate Easily...
Typhon
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: AEPs. Are they worth it?

Postby Solid » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:32 pm

I've found they are very inconsistent in performance and break down pretty easily, and the velocities are never that impressive. Plus GBB pistols are just way too much fun for what you get.
Solid

Team: DRAT

Postby Jewish Ninja » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:16 am

The Marui MP7 is very good for what it is. It's ROF is quite slow and the FPS isn't anything amazing. BUT it works all the time, and has great range for it's size. I've heard similar things about the pistols. If you can't swing the money for a GBB, they work very well. A GBB will be a better choice in the long run though.
Threepeat! AP Gearwhore of the Year.
WWGFD?
Adjective noun is adjective.
Jewish Ninja

Team: SpecDet1

Postby Typhon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:44 pm

I have a KWA ATP and I love it. I think I wanna get a 1911 too. I just wanted some perspective on AEPs and I am grateful for the responses I've recieved thus far.
Motionless Operators Ventilate Easily...
Typhon
Grunt
Grunt

Postby trevor comstock » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:33 am

Nothing shameful about using an AEP. The pistol can be a pretty infrequently used item and a good one will cost a fair amount. The AEP can give you a safe sporting up close and personal ability, for very cheap. When temperatures make gas a hassle, being able to slip on an AEP on (for that just in case moment) makes some sense. Definitely, not a very robust primary replacement (~200fps).
trevor comstock
Recruit
Recruit

Return to AEG/Electrics