Barrell on an AK?

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Barrell on an AK?

Postby T-Time » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:00 pm

So I have seen airsoft gameplays on Youtube numerous times, and see AK-47s
with barrel attachments. And so I was wondering if I could get one on my Echo1
AK. Is it possible to remove the orange tip and put a barrel on? Or a little bit more complicated?
What would you recommend, a tracer unit or a suppressor?
Here is a link to the picture if it helps: http://echo1usa.com/x/guns/redstar-series/ak-ris/
Thanks guys
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Re: Barrell on an AK?

Postby ClownBaby » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Again, take it up to ThunderKissNW, they'll be able to get your safety tip off, and help you decide whether you want a tracer or suppressor.
"Will you walk with me out on the wire, cuz baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider" - The Boss
ClownBaby
Ranger
Ranger

Team: O.C.D.O.S.

Postby Riddick » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:23 am

taking the tip off is very easy. If you don't see a Allan head screw, just put the orange tip in boiling hot water for about 60 seconds and use a pair of pliers and turn clockwise. The heat will loosen up the glue they use and make removing the flash hider easy.

If you see a allan head, then follow the same steps above but when you remove the tip from the water, you need to take out the screw while hot first and once that's removed then proceed with removing the tip.

I think you were interested in coming to the event next weekend. If so you could see TKNW there for a suppressor. I know there are others as well that have some for sale including tracer units such as myself.

My two cents
Like us on Facebook: TBA
Check out our events: I'm coming back 2024
Riddick

Team: N/A

Postby T-Time » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Riddick wrote:taking the tip off is very easy. If you don't see a Allan head screw, just put the orange tip in boiling hot water for about 60 seconds and use a pair of pliers and turn clockwise. The heat will loosen up the glue they use and make removing the flash hider easy.

If you see a allan head, then follow the same steps above but when you remove the tip from the water, you need to take out the screw while hot first and once that's removed then proceed with removing the tip.

I think you were interested in coming to the event next weekend. If so you could see TKNW there for a suppressor. I know there are others as well that have some for sale including tracer units such as myself.

My two cents

Cool. I will see if I can go.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
George S. Patton
T-Time
Grunt
Grunt

Team: Airsoft

Return to AEG/Electrics