Need help shimming a CA m15 and wiring TM stoner rifle

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Need help shimming a CA m15 and wiring TM stoner rifle

Postby Stinkoman247 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:01 am

I've try'ed shimming this CA multiple times, but I can't do it for the life of me. For the TM I have a front wired harness I try'ed rear-wiring but couldn't get that working. It would be super awesome if someone wouldn't mind helping me with these! I can trade a vest for work haha! I'm in Beaverton/Hillsboro close to the willow creek train stop. Thanks! :o
Stinkoman247
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Need help shimming a CA m15 and wiring TM stoner rifle

Postby Payback » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Shimming takes time. There are several different ways to do it. Look on youtube, there are several really good video's on this. You will be opening and closing the gearbox several times to do this correctly. You can get really good results by shimming with the motor.

As far as the rear wire from a front wire gun, that shouldn't really be that hard. You just need to re-route your wires. You will need to make them longer also, and only solder them, don't use any electric tape or auto crimps to do this. Look online for video's showing open gearboxes and just look how the wires are ran. They are very simple.
AKA: rbm33

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty
Payback
Ranger
Ranger

Team: A.S.T.D.

Re: Need help shimming a CA m15 and wiring TM stoner rifle

Postby Stinkoman247 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:23 pm

Yeah I just copyed the classic army's wire setup, since the CA was already rear wired. I'm using a premade harness with a trigger set too so I must have just made a mistake I haven't caught yet.

Thanks for replying, hope this video is better than the others. Thank you!
Stinkoman247
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Return to AEG/Electrics