Cheap Reliable M4 That Can Take Upgrades

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Cheap Reliable M4 That Can Take Upgrades

Postby SNAFU » Sat May 30, 2015 9:43 am

I'm looking to buy an inexpensive Solid M4 that can take upgrades Internally and Externally. I would probably want RIS on it when purchased, but I would be fine buying a gun that can take an RIS in the future. It would have to have a good gearbox off the bat that needs little to no upgrades. I would want to put a new spring, motor, barrel and hop up unit internally. Externally things like a metal body, RIS, Motor Grip and any other attachments one would use to customize. Thanks for the Help. Price Range would be $150ish to $210ish.
SNAFU
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Cheap Reliable M4 That Can Take Upgrades

Postby Junto » Sat May 30, 2015 11:43 am

Just buy a gun with a solid gearbox and the externals you think look good. There's 800 kinds of M4 out there with pre-upgraded internals and the external parts you want.
Junto

Team: DRAT

Postby Cyclops » Sat May 30, 2015 11:18 pm

G&G CM16 short version. $150 ish
Cyclops
Ranger
Ranger

Team: F.O.A.D

Postby Steve » Sun May 31, 2015 1:56 am

Strangely, the Ares Amoebas have been stupidly rock-solid for me. And I abuse the **** out of them. Like, averaging 4 shots a second on semi for 7 minutes at a go, over and over again, on 11.1v lipos. I swap between two of them, as the motor heats up so much that it hurts to hold the pistol grip.

The stock plastic G&G's hold up fairly well too until they quit (at which point, it's basically better to buy a new one). Also had really good results with the Krytac guns. Can keep up the fire rate, and as long as I swap batteries between games it'll go two or three rounds before it needs to get swapped out to cool down. But, they are a good bit more expensive.

If you are looking at something knowing that you are planning on upgrading it, buy something with awesome externals, since you'll eventually frag out whatever is inside no matter how nice it is. If money is a serious issue, get something bulletproof like a G&G or an amoeba and run it while you save up for your awesome end-all be-all kill stick, and KEEP THE STOCK GUN too. Adding stuff onto / switching stuff out of your awesome gun will generally mean that it ends up LESS reliable than when you bought it, and a spare AEG or three can mean the difference between playing all day or not.
This Week In Airsoft wrote:This Week in Airsoft stands behind its statement... The internet and YouTube can be your teacher.

Steve

Postby Cruz FoxHound » Sun May 31, 2015 2:10 am

+1 to G&G Combat Machine series. Check out this model:

http://www.evike.com/products/39870/

I own the short version that Cyclops referred to & it has served me well so far!
* Calling hits is the cornerstone of the game * Leaders live by example * Play with HONOR *
Cruz FoxHound
Soldier
Soldier

Return to AEG/Electrics