should I Lipo my AEG

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

should I Lipo my AEG

Postby PaulSchoon » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:49 pm

I have a few AEG's that im thinking about putting mosfet's into them. Douse a Lipo make a big enough difference that its worth to switch over.
PaulSchoon
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: should I Lipo my AEG

Postby Tankwitch » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Depends. Most AEG's can accept a two cell or 7.4v Lipo. If you get a good mosfet it should be able to handle a 3 cell (11.1v) with no problem.

Edit: post your build.
I'm a major chairsofter, sorry about that.
Tankwitch
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MaxtheNinja » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:22 am

Yeah, a 7.4 should be no problem, but an 11.1 can start to be an issue. With my vfc vr16 avalon the semi shoots twice when using an 11.1 because the battery gives too much power, other than that it's a great gun. A mosfet would easily fix my problem.
Edit: I see you're asking if the lipos make a difference, and that answer is YES! They make a huge difference in terms of trigger response and rate of fire. I wouldn't think to run anything other than a lipo.
MaxtheNinja
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Boldend50 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:35 pm

I typically ran a 3 cell 11.1v 1200 mah lipo. It does shoot faster with a snappy trigger but that comes at a longevity price. I have also had to replace the battery during game play. I came across a company called Titan. They dwell in the RC world. But have branched into airsoft. I now use the Titan 7.4v 2600 mah Advanced Lithium Ion. I have used this for two complete days of play and a lot of test fires on one charge. This is their web site: http://www.gettitanpower.com There's my two cents.
Boldend50
Recruit
Recruit

Return to AEG/Electrics