Best Lubricant/Grease for AEG internals?

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

Best Lubricant/Grease for AEG internals?

Postby APOModern » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:07 pm

It's been a while since I've worked on an AEG's gearbox (mostly gun GBBRs) so I'm wondering what lubricants should and shouldn't be used inside. I'm used to just lubricating o-rings and using superlube on things like my bolt carrier so I don't know what's safe to use for AEGs.
APOModern
Grunt
Grunt

Team: N/A

Re: Best Lubricant/Grease for AEG internals?

Postby Dennis - Crossbow » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:14 am

-
100% Silicone oil for o-rings, gas mag valves and GBB bolts and internals.

Superlube (PTFE) is my FAVORITE go to for all AEG gear box lubrication including the piston head and it's o-ring. Less is more especially in the cylinder. It's great in cold and hot weather.

My view is NEVER use a petroleum based lubricants on any of your replicas :D
Thank you,
Dennis "Crossbow"

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Dennis - Crossbow
Administrator
Administrator

Postby APOModern » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:09 am

Thank for the tip, looks like I already have what I need, just need the right tools and shims
APOModern
Grunt
Grunt

Postby AlecBeach » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:37 pm

APOModern wrote:It's been a while since I've worked on an AEG's gearbox (mostly gun GBBRs) so I'm wondering what lubricants should and shouldn't be used inside. I'm used to just lubricating o-rings and using superlube on things like my bolt carrier so I don't know what's safe to use for AEGs.

As the Admin said. Silicon is great. Petrol is meh and can clog stuff up in my experience. Won't damage anything but will make it a pain in the a$$ to clean.
AlecBeach
Grunt
Grunt

Postby APOModern » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:17 pm

AlecBeach wrote:
APOModern wrote:It's been a while since I've worked on an AEG's gearbox (mostly gun GBBRs) so I'm wondering what lubricants should and shouldn't be used inside. I'm used to just lubricating o-rings and using superlube on things like my bolt carrier so I don't know what's safe to use for AEGs.

As the Admin said. Silicon is great. Petrol is meh and can clog stuff up in my experience. Won't damage anything but will make it a pain in the a$$ to clean.

Should I look for anything airsoft specific besides Superlube? Anything designed for airsoft gearboxes/guns out there?
APOModern
Grunt
Grunt

Postby AlecBeach » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:12 am

APOModern wrote:
AlecBeach wrote:

Should I look for anything airsoft specific besides Superlube? Anything designed for airsoft gearboxes/guns out there?

ASG makes some and Evike makes their own line that are made just for Gearboxes. Think its called Medium or heavy.
AlecBeach
Grunt
Grunt

Postby APOModern » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:07 am

ASG makes some and Evike makes their own line that are made just for Gearboxes. Think its called Medium or heavy.[/quote]

I think I've seen small jars of of grease like that.
APOModern
Grunt
Grunt

Postby AlecBeach » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:54 am

APOModern wrote:ASG makes some and Evike makes their own line that are made just for Gearboxes. Think its called Medium or heavy.

I think I've seen small jars of of grease like that.[/quote]

https://modernairsoft.com/products/sili ... ols-rifles
These guys have a good selection
AlecBeach
Grunt
Grunt

Postby APOModern » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:58 pm

AlecBeach wrote:
APOModern wrote:ASG makes some and Evike makes their own line that are made just for Gearboxes. Think its called Medium or heavy.

I think I've seen small jars of of grease like that.

https://modernairsoft.com/products/sili ... ols-rifles
These guys have a good selection[/quote]

Hey thanks! I remember seeing these exact jars in a youtube video of a tech I used to follow. Never could remember the brand. Cheers!
APOModern
Grunt
Grunt

Return to AEG/Electrics