LCT or KWA

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

LCT or KWA

Postby Koivu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:07 am

Officially decided I'm getting back into the hobby. I was eyeing the KWA VM4A1 pretty hard. However, because of the labor day sale at Evike, I could pick up an LCT LR4 for almost $150 less than the KWA.

Am I sacrificing that much stuff by going from KWA to LCT? Is the $150 in savings worth the perceived lower quality?

EDIT: After doing some reading online I think I'm still gonna stick with KWA.
Koivu
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Re: LCT or KWA

Postby Dennis - Crossbow » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:08 pm

You will really like the variable FPS adj through the buffer tube also the integrated switch life extender makes for a snappy trigger. Only 2 suggestions ... but will will void the warranty. Also applies to a lot of manufacturers not just KWA:

1. Clip off that fuse assembly and solder on a deans.
2. Install a harder bucking.

That's all I have done with my Ronin SBR .... 6 months later and about 15 games, no issues.
Thank you,
Dennis "Crossbow"

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Dennis - Crossbow
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hyperslow556 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:52 am

The LCT is just not built like the Ronin series. Then there is the mag cut-off feature that only G&G, WE and KWA run. KWA gearboxes are of the strongest build on the market, and the gears are the most solid gears I've seen spec'd in an OE gearbox. Also, I can put the Krytac trigger in my Ronin.

After the warranty period, I upgraded the compression components, inner barrel and bucking. They say that KWA nozzles and hop-ups wont work with other non-KWA components, however, the Guarder 21.2mm (G3)nozzle works perfectly with the KWA rotory hop-up. Saved best for last; I installed a Warfet 1.1 in my Ronin6 so I could ditch FA and gain pre-cocking.

Now to get a new motor!
Hyperslow556
Recruit
Recruit

Postby drpepper475 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:00 pm

So kwa is picky with mags BUT in my opinion is a better AR platform. If you want an AK however get an LCT.
"you guys might be winning ,but I'm having more fun"
drpepper475

Return to AEG/Electrics