KWA 2.5 Series

Discuss battery powered AEGs (Automatic Electric Guns) in this forum.

KWA 2.5 Series

Postby Engine » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:54 pm

As many of you may know KWA has come out with some pretty great stuff during the 2018 year. One of my new pick ups is the KWA 2.5 series M4. I previously was running a VFC 416 for nearly 5 years until it unfortunately died on me. After a couple of teammates have told me about how great their KWAs are, I thought it was time to try it out for myself. Well, after running it at multiple events like Action Acres to Milsim West, I could not be happier. The base gun alone is unbelievably solid right out of the box. The replica has a couple of key features that differ itself from your normal AEG. This has an adjustable FPS is in back which is a great feature if you are one who likes to play indoor and outdoor games, it can take away the hassle of switching out springs for different fields. There is also a BB stopper within the magazines, so when the mags are empty, the gun will stop shooting and upon replacing the magazine, you must the bolt release to continue firing. With this you won't have to worry about listening to your guns sound and will instantly know when you need to reload, however you must use the specific magazines for this to work. Although, having to hit the bolt release is something I haven't completely adjusted to but I still love the feature. As for magazines and feeding KWA mags feed the best I have used the old K120s and Lancer Tactical mags in the gun with little to issues whatsoever.

A couple things that I have ran into; I put a Madbull Daniel Defense rail onto the gun, a friend installed it but had to do a few modifications to install it. From what I have seen and heard, this was the only rail that has had this issue. Other teammates were able to install their rail system with no modification whatsoever. The adjustment to hit the bolt release is something that I had to get over and remember to do since it is new to AEGs rather than GBBs. I do wish the bolt release felt like an actual button, it seems to be like a lever with no friction so I can't always tell that I actually triggered the bolt release. We also replaced the bucking and nub, the hopup unit iself is phenomenal but the bucking and nub we have found from previous experience need to be replaced, I currently use a mapleleaf bucking and nub.

Overall I would recommend this gun to anyone looking for a new gun, it is affordable and is great right out of the box. If you're in the market, and love to run M4s, this is the way to go.

Pros:
Adjustable FPS
Stops firing when proprietary KWA mag is empty
Bolt release
Internal trigger system rather than contacts
Adjustable magazine size (30 or 120)
Affordable
Full Metal

Cons:
Wish the bolt release felt like an actual button
Rail issues (more personal)
Can have issues fitting mag in mag well (depends on mag, I haven't had issues but best results are with KWA mags)
Bucking and Nub

***The barrel length in the pictures is the stock barrel that has been cut, it will normally come with the 363mm length barrel. Please refer to our How-To videos on how to cut a barrel.
Attachments
KWA2.5_Mk18.JPG
Engine
Administrator
Administrator

Team: N/A

Re: KWA 2.5 Series

Postby Dennis - Crossbow » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:15 pm

-
Looks Great!!
Keep us posted on long term reliability. 8)
Thank you,
Dennis "Crossbow"

Remember to like us on Facebook and follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Instragram
Dennis - Crossbow
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Grounded » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:43 am

Solid review!
Grounded
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Hyperslow556 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:41 pm

I have the Ronin 6 and sent it to Tacticalparts[.]com for upgrading/rebuild. Now my Ronin is super consistent and better than OE performance. This is with a WARFET installed.

I recommend that anyone that wants to upgrade/rebuild their KWA AEG type weapon seek this man out! I'm glad I did, instead of spending money on components that might not be compatible. --Dan knows what is compatible.
Hyperslow556
Recruit
Recruit

Return to AEG/Electrics