Help with optics - Holosun HS503GU vs Sig Romeo5xdr

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

Help with optics - Holosun HS503GU vs Sig Romeo5xdr

Postby Ayal » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:15 am

Need help deciding between the 2. This will be paired with with Vortex VMX-3t and mounted on a range toy AR.

Holosun HS503GU

Sig Romeo5xdr (SOR52102)

Break down:
1. Both price points are similar in the sense the Holosun does not come with an absolute cowitness mount and can be purchased for an additional $20. I would like to have 1/3 and absolute options as this is my first RDS set up and I am not sure which set up I am comfortable with.

2. My understanding is Holosun is an OEM manufacture and likely manufactures the Sig

3. Holosun now has an lifetime warranty - as of 2016 from my research. Sig warranty is 5 years on electric components. Sig CS is questionable and Holosun has had positive CS from my research. Optic will unlikely be abused though and live 99% of it's life in the safe.

4. Minor differences between the 2 (holosun https://tacticsfaq.com/holosun-hs503gu-review/ vs sig specs) - battery size CR2032 vs AAA, weight 4.8oz vs 5.6oz, and battery location

Anyone with experience on both optics want to weigh in? Clarity of glass between the 2? How defined is the red dot and circle?

Would like to do both, but funds don't allow it. Bacon?
Ayal
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers