R700 Gas Sniper Rifle? Anyone know about it?

Discussion about sniper rifles or bolt-action.

R700 Gas Sniper Rifle? Anyone know about it?

Postby sharxbyte » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:20 am

found an ad on a local classified site for an r700 gas sniper rifle:

Full Metal Eletric EBR M14 & Gas Powered R700 Sniper Rifle - $400

These two guns are great. They have been used only once and are just like new. Both of the guns are full metal and look realistic and are pretty heavy especially the M14. The sniper is gas powered and is bolt action aslo green gas.

FEATURES: M14

INCLUDED: Charger/Battery, Sling, 280rd High Cap Mag.

FPS: 400~450

FEATURES: R700

INCLUDED: x4-32x Illuminated Cross Scope, 11rd Mag.

I am extremely interested in the r700 gun, as I have been looking at the KJW M700P (I bought one, but the guy didn't have a clue how to use ebay and turned out to be some 12 year old, who canceled my payment because he changed his mind... >.< I got a hell of a good deal too... But back to the topic at hand) The Remington 700 is what the m700 rifles are based off of if I remember right... Anyways, does anyone know anything about this gun? is the fps and full metal claim bogus? If its the Socom gear model, then It's not metal... and that gets 300-ish out of box... Hope you can help-- o.o I REALLY want this gun if its what I've been looking for.
sharxbyte
Recruit
Recruit

Team: N/A
Location: I'm a sniper... Why would I tell you where I am...? California...=]

Postby LiquidSnak » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 am

You could ask the brand. Just a thought. Although it sounds like someone trying to get rid of an echo1 and a KJW at full price.
Biggest Postwhore, 2008
Osprey wrote:
McNair wrote:Are you guys really that f***ing daft?
I'm sorry I didn't know I had to hear to read a post

I leave for FIVE MINUTES, and there's flies having SEX ON MY KEYS D:
LiquidSnak

Postby Beran » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:47 pm

R700 = Remington 700 = M700. its likely a KJW M700 and if that is the case then that's a fairly conservative velocity estimate. ive seen those coming out of the box shooting almost 600 at room temperature with propane.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Postby Eyes On » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:17 pm

This is probably an HFC VSR-10 with a gas bolt/mag system. If you can do things like replacing seals, it might be a worthwhile gun. I have never fired or even handled one of the gas versions.

HOWEVER, in retrospect it says 11 round magazine. That leads me to believe it could be (as Beran stated above) a KJW M700 or a clone of one. If that is the case, as long as it's not the take-down model it's a decent gun with an adjustable bolt.

As Snacky-cakes says, it sounds like the prices for these are a bit high considering 1. They are used and 2. you have no idea what the seller has done with them. My advice regarding buying used airsoft guns is to buy as close to choking distance as you can. Only buy used guns from people who live close enough to choke if they rip you off. Being down in Cali, your mileage may vary.
ImageImage
Eyes On

Postby sharxbyte » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Just got an email back from him; Its a KJW(which is actually the one I've been looking for) and a barska 4-32 illuminated scope. He says he should be able to deliver it to me for 200(considering the hour drive between us plus gas, that's not bad) After I won the bid on the Ebay KJW, I bought a propane adapter (metal) for 20(shipped), which is another reason I was so ticked when he canceled the payment. (I had a good adapter, but no gas gun to use it with. I'll be happy if it works out =]
sharxbyte
Recruit
Recruit

Location: I'm a sniper... Why would I tell you where I am...? California...=]

Postby Beran » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:16 pm

thats an ok deal with the scope and the delivery so long as the gun is in working order and good shape.
Let your plans be as dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
Beran

Team: APST

Return to Bolt-Action & Snipers